dropbox integration like google drive

sBham

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Not sure.  There's AWS and MS and Box and a gazillion other options.  It's already easy to attach a direct link to a file in a note for all of the above.  Google (I think) happened because that's where Evernote stash their servers,  so it's 'in house'.

I am returning to Evernote after trying a number of other systems and am just getting acquainted with the new features, especially in EN10.  I have the same question about linking a file from a file storage site, such as DropBox. iCloud, or any other site.  I prefer to store documents in a more traditional file folder system in a cloud drive, but would like to be able to refer to it from Evernote.  Would this be possible?  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, srhimlee said:

I prefer to store documents in a more traditional file folder system in a cloud drive, but would like to be able to refer to it from Evernote.  Would this be possible?

Hi.  It's possible to create a link in Evernote that will open a document file anywhere - in the cloud,  on your local hard drive,  or on an external USB drive.  If you attempt to use that link from another computer,  you won't be able to see the file - it's stored on (or with) the first device.  Files attached to Evernote notes are available anywhere you can access your account. 

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

on your local hard drive,  or on an external USB drive. 

Not currently in version 10 without using the windows shortcut hack. V10 does not recognise file:\\\ notation.

• Like 2