Encrypted information in 10.2 unusable

With the change to 10.2

• I can no longer modify encrypted text, end up deleting the text rather than pasting into it
  • I lost all my formating
  • my links to web sites do not work

What in the world is going on.  I use Evernotes because I can encrypt information.  Looks like I need to find another product.

• Like 1

@pauljgeary  Were you using version 10.1 before and faced a change of behavior inside of 10.2, or is this your first installation of version 10?

I am curious is something is affecting 10.2 that was "ok" in 10.1.

As of encryption, I notice a big change too (I am using 10.1).  In order to change something that is encrypted, we need to decrypted it fully first using the option "Decrypt Permanently", then do our changes and re-encrypt it once again.  Quite of a big change from previous releases where we were able to change directly the value.

I have a notebook with all of my paystubs in it for many years.  The paystubs are in pdf format with a password required.

Now with Evernote version 10.2 I cannot open them.  It says "This PDF is encrypted and not currently supported". 

So any pdf that has a password on it won't work in Evernote?  I'm certain that is just a mistake...can I get some help quickly please?

17 hours ago, JDH377 said:

I have a notebook with all of my paystubs in it for many years.  The paystubs are in pdf format with a password required.

Now with Evernote version 10.2 I cannot open them.  It says "This PDF is encrypted and not currently supported". 

So any pdf that has a password on it won't work in Evernote?  I'm certain that is just a mistake...can I get some help quickly please?

Assuming you are not effected by the AVG antivirus problem raised elsewhere you should be able to double click and read it in your normal pdf viewer.