Where are PREFERENCES?! Keyboard shortcut settings?

@PinkElephant this is not a tiny bug that can be simply skipped, postpone for better time...

This is a critical fundamental error in the project! Thousand of users using Polish-programmer keyboard layout (probably 99,9% of users in Poland) cannot use Evernote. 

Many of those users have premium subscription.

You did the mess. And you are going to do nothing about it? 

@PinkElephant it is not about missing Preferences itself. They grab system-wide shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+S) without asking user. And now we cannot use Evernote anymore

• Like 4

If there is someone from Evernote actually paying attention:

I discovered today that I have no longer settings on the Mac app. How you dare pushing an ALPHA level app? We, users, are using this to get things done. We don't have time for this.

I'm really done, cancelling my subscription right now.

• Like 1

I am premium user from Poland.

With the new version 10 I was withdrawn from services I have paid for. I am not able to write in Polish language any more.

This is strange that you want to exclude all Polish customers. Help me, please, to understand your reasons.

Regards

• Like 3

To clarify -- the problem is with GLOBAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT. So with Evernote 10 installed you cannot use the Windows system! Not just Evernote. People cannot use their Windows. This is because every time you try to write "ś" in any application, Evernote pop-up appears

Evernote working in background is hijacking basic keyboard usage. This is definitely true for Polish speakers. Possibly also for other languages like Finnish, Czech, Slovak etc (all those having diacritics with s).

• Like 2
On 11/6/2020 at 12:58 AM, mkingsbu said:

I'm also having this issue. A a programmer, CTRL + ALT + S is a very important shortcut for settings. I'm probably going to have to uninstall it.

Try AHK first as described here. It's pretty straightforward and easy workaround.

I can't believe Evernote is modifying GLOBAL SHORTCUTS without giving the user any options?  This is a complete deal breaker as Evernote shortcuts I NEVER use conflict with code editor shortcuts I use constantly.  Reverted to Evernote 6.25.

I agree.  I downloaded and installed the new Windows version today.  From my perspective, the decision to not allow for preferences was a mistake.  Selecting font size and keyboard shortcuts were two features I deem as necessary.  I wish I had read updates more closely.  I am moving back to the old version ASAP. 

If anyone from Evernote is reading these, please don't force everyone to update prior to adding preferences back.  

• Like 3

First look: New version with dark theme - WOW? Finally! 

After half of an hour: Trying to use Ctrl + Alt + S (shortcut "Save as" in my NP++) and evernote screenshot grabber appears. 

After more 5 minutes: No settings at all?! WTF!?! Come on, it cannot be true!

This is a FAIL. I'm from Russia btw, but after reading comments from Polish users I wonder who made this "wise" solution in Evernote to publish this brandNewVersion??

Fix it ASAP because you risk to lose a lot of users, this is inappropriate...

P.S.: Who needs Evernote shortcuts above system shortcuts by default??

• Like 4

F3 to tag is still inconsistent in 10.3.

It works once then I go into the note body and type away, then hitting F3 does nothing. I switch to title with F2 that works, try F3 again, nothing, go back into the note body, try F3 again nothing.

Click on the note, try it there, stops working.

Please fix F3 so we can switch to Tags and away from tags quickly, anytime as long as a note selected.

8 hours ago, Vladimir84 said:

P.S.: Who needs Evernote shortcuts above system shortcuts by default??

I have absolutely no idea :lol: I was always wandering about it - who on Earth need such shortcuts. Turning all them off was literally the first thing I was doing after fresh installation. OK, I left one of them - global shortcut for "Find in Evernote". But that's all. 

Agreed, very difficult to use if you're a premium user on Windows - I have also lost the ability to clip the screen and paste it. Such an unfortunate update. I have since reinstalled the legacy Evernote and updated my shortcuts. Disgusting update. 

• Like 1

Similar issues, I use multiple languages and not having access to customization is a critical error.
This is not just a preference - you have made Evernote UNUSABLE.

Going back to the legacy version and if this nonsense is not fixed I will have to unsubscribe.

• Like 1