questions about the new update

Hi, the evernote desktop app on my mac just updated and there are a few things that it changed that I'm trying to figure out, can you please help?

1. Is it possible to switch back to the previous version? The previous version was almost perfect and I would prefer not to change anything about it. This version makes many changes to my workflow that I do not like.

1. Why won't evernote let me edit the font and other formatting options in some notes and how can I fix this? Some notes work as normal but some notes are greyed out, like this:

image.png

1. How can I change the default font?

2. How can I change the default font of pasted text? When I paste text into evernote, it changes the font to sans serif and I don't want it to change to this font. It never did this before.

3. How can I see preferences? "Command + comma" does not work.

1. Is there any way to change the formatting of line breaks when copy/pasting text into evernote? When i paste text into the new version of evernote, it is adding an extra line break in between every line of the original text. Example in screenshot (the letter G A and D were immediately above the lyrics in the original text with no line break). It did not do this in the previous version.

image.png.c16e43e4193b68b1217b758a8946cbcc.png

1. How can I "open a note in a new window" with a keyboard shortcut or menu bar item? I used to have a keyboard macro set up to select that option in the menu bar but that option is not in the menu bar anymore.

1. How can I open an additional evernote main window? I used to be able to do this with command+ option+ N and this doesn't work anymore.

1. Is there any way to move the search bar back to where it used to be? I'd like to be able to always see the search bar, even when the side panel is collapsed.

1. It is taking longer to load text and images and paste images into evernote than normal. Is this expected with the update and is there any way to make it run as fast as it used to before the update? Why is it taking longer to paste images?

1. Is there any way to make the scroller on the notes list always show up? It makes it more difficult to use the mouse to click the scroller because the scroller disappears when my mouse isn't hovering over it.

Thank you.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, danklim said:

Is it possible to switch back to the previous version? The previous version was almost perfect and I would prefer not to change anything about it. This version makes many changes to my workflow that I do not like.

Install the Evernote Legacy product at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph