[Fixed in Version 10.6] Issue: Sorry, we’re having some trouble. Try reloading the page.

J_P_R

Idea

I just updated my Mac Evernote app to version 10.2.4 and now it won't load my notes. I can login on the iOS and web just fine, but not the Mac app. I've restarted my machine but it makes no difference.

It just displays the error message: "Sorry, we’re having some trouble. Try reloading the page." Clicking Reload Page just loads the same error message over and over.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 11.09.12 am.png

• Like 2

• Level 5

How good you are so clever!

Would you mind sharing your insight with us other users, or are you just here to let your light shine in our dull, squinting eyes ?

Because you are here not talking to EN staff receiving money to take your insults, but with other users, just like you. And imagine, we don’t like to be insulted !

And yes, I am real !

• Confused 1

Same problem, this happens to my mac and window desktop client. consistently happens when I click on the notebook... totally not usable and forced to use web client. Don't think it is right for a paid service to work like this! Evernote team should work on this as highest priority bug and release a patch immediately. I'm developer myself. I can believe how regression of this software is being done. I really have to consider change the note app to use....

I cannot believe that this issue has not been solved. I would have expected nothing less than 24/7 by the software engineers and coders. This is a failure by management and leadership. Really tells you a lot about the soul of the company. Yes, like many others I am looking at alternatives.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If your engineering team is working on the issue then let us know where in the process they are..are they A) finding the root cause B ) found root cause but have not started on the fix? or C) found root cause and working on it...and if you don't know how long it will take to fix then just say that...don't give people some vague "we are looking into it" answer, clearly this is a major defect that was missed in testing, clearly it's affecting your userbase....major dissapointment if i was paying for evernote i'd want that subscription comped or at least part of it. 

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

The Mac application works fine for me (MacOS 11.1, EN Mac 10.5.7). It is lacking some functions I would like to have, but the core functions are there, and do the job. 

It probably does not work for you, I don’t question this. If due to an installation problem or any interference with other software is probably an issue for support. They can review the system reports, which may show a root cause.

If on a Win/Mac desktop the v10 does not work, there is still legacy as a proven alternative. It can be installed alone or side by side with v10.

1/09/21 I see this has been a problem for some time; there are notes up there that it's being addressed? Any clue when this will be resolved? It is VERY Frustrating. I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure out a work around; need this fixed.

Thanks.

• Sad 1

Wow I can't believe this is still an issue. I switched to Bear the other day because I kept hearing about all the terrible problems with the new Evernote. Bear has its own annoyances so I finally upgraded Evernote to see how bad the new version is, figuring I have nothing to lose at this point since I've moved all my notes to Bear. I almost immediately ran into this issue. After finding this thread I feel a mix of being incredibly frustrated and unsurprised that a bug like this hasn't been fixed for so long in Evernote. Evernote has a history of keeping bugs around. I guess like they like bugs and hate their customers.

This issue is open for more than 2 months !! It has brought my use of Evernote to a grinding halt - as I cannot access my notes. And before you ask, I tried the supposed temporary 'fix' that was recommended - but it doesn't work as well. 

This was supposed to be an upgrade that will bring Evernote at par with the competition, but it has broken the core product. 

I guess by delaying a fix for such a critical bug, you are just making the decision easy for people like me to completely junk Evernote and switch to alternatives. :(

On 12/30/2020 at 10:33 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that this is an issue we're aware of, and are working to fix.

As @Khem mentioned, you can try the steps listed below.

However, this may not permanently fix the issue, and the issue may pop-up again until we have been able to implement a permanent fix.

I'll provide an update once I have more information.

This doesn't work at all. I have tried it exactly as in the steps. We are not talking about a minor bug, but the notes have become inaccessible !! 

Saying that 'we are aware of the issue' is not enough after 2 months of an open critical bug. Show us a fix or people will jump to an alternative that are more robust. 

I am a paid subscriber and I am having a feeling that my subscription money has gone down the drain!! 

• Like 1

Still broke.  Sweeeeeet.

The workaround I have found (aside from having to give up and use the web application), is to manually search for a note that you know is in the notebook that will not load, and then open the note.  For me, this seems to allow me to access that notebook.  However...this causes other notebooks that may have been working, to no longer work.  So you can constantly search for notes to try to trick the software into working.

Astounding user experience, Evernote!  

• Like 1

Hello,

Since the new update (10.5.7 2171) I get this message almost every time I try to open a notebook in the desktop app on my mac (Catalina 10.15.7). I don't have any problem on the web version or android version.

It makes it really hard to use evernote on my computer.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-11 à 09.58.02.png

On 1/4/2021 at 5:19 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that this is an issue we're aware of, and are working to address.

I'll provide an update here once a fix is available.

Shane, anything new on this? Another week have passed.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:40 PM, Luthien said:

How did y'all mess this up so badly? Does anyone have any recommendations on software to migrate to? I've been a dedicated Evernote user for years, but this is unuable and it's clear they don't plan to fix it.

You can try Notion, cool features, import from Evernote and free, but I didn't like the mobile app on Android as it's too slow.

Genuinely insane that this is still not resolved after 2 months. I know the timing is unfortunate, with the holidays, but you've rendered your core product close to unusable. Where is the communication? How did this get past QA? What is the action plan? Are you not absolutely haemorrhaging users?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FrancesBN said:

This is intolerable. How do I switch to previous version or does anyone have an alternate platform to Evernote to suggest?

I start to wonder about same thing. I mean it's 2021 now and do we still need this type of apps considering google docs, macos pages, numbers are really mature nowadays. 

hace 14 horas, Anton Iakimov dijo:

Did anyone try Notion or Joplin? Is it good?

Notion is awesome, a game changer. Although as a note taker I prefer Evernote (if it works well, because this problem is very annoying and I'm considering to change to another app).

I've raised support ticket today for this and I was asked to provide logs, screen recording of the issue etc. So not sure how to understand this - Shane written they know and are working on a fix and support wants logs and screen recordings. 

36 minutes ago, mrkasuj said:

I've raised support ticket today for this and I was asked to provide logs, screen recording of the issue etc. So not sure how to understand this - Shane written they know and are working on a fix and support wants logs and screen recordings. 

I opened a ticket and just got a list of things to try. It's not a fix. It's probably just a template they use for any support ticket. They should know about this issue on this forum. Maybe tell them to come look at the pile of posts here?

I just signed up for evernote this year -- I'm getting organized in 2021!  Or at least trying. Sadly I am also plagued by this issue and it is discouraging that it has persisted for 2 months.  It happens for me when I click on certain notebooks and also every time I delete a tag.  Windows app.  v 10.5.7 build 2171 public
Editor: v114.1.14753
Service: v1.25.2

Would appreciate some sense that there is a fix forthcoming. Thanks!

Ev.PNG