Link Flyouts and Two-Click Navigation

The previously invaluable productivity boosting power of links (internal and external) has now become an annoying speedbump with the "New" Evernote (Windows v10.2.4). Clicking on or adjacent to a link now produces an annoying fly-out displaying the address of the embedded link I couldn't care less to see. I must then click (again) on the flyout link to navigate to the destination. 

Right-click > Edit or select and Ctrl-K (as in Legacy version) is a far more useful (and not annoying) way of accessing the link address to view or change on the rare occasion one might need to. Perhaps for someone this is desirable, but I can't imagine for whom or for what purpose. This is simply a frustrating, demotivating, productivity killer!

This completely disrupts my workflow. I'm hoping this is not by design, but simply an oversight or bug and can be promptly fixed.
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, hartman_md said:

I'm hoping this is not by design, but simply an oversight or bug and can be promptly fixed.

Lots of us complained about it in the preview and beta phases so we are already way past the point at which we could say it has been promptly fixed!

Mike P, you say, "Lots of us complained about it...;" is there another thread open about this that users can follow, comment on, upvote? 

I don't see how these link flyouts are remotely useful; for some it may be a trivial annoyance, but I use internal links for wiki-like navigation within Evernote - it's killing me!

11 hours ago, hartman_md said:

Mike P, you say, "Lots of us complained about it...;" is there another thread open about this that users can follow, comment on, upvote? 

I don't see how these link flyouts are remotely useful; for some it may be a trivial annoyance, but I use internal links for wiki-like navigation within Evernote - it's killing me!

It was in the beta forum which was a closed forum. To be honest I think there has been less talk about it since people realised that there were so many even more fundamental problems. 

• 5 months later...

Thanks Evernote for kind of fixing this.  Two clicks are no longer required!  However, hovering over links still produces the annoying fly-out with the address of the embedded link I couldn't care less to see - which I occasionally accidently click on.  I'd still like to see these handled differently.  Preferable behavior might be...

• Right-click > Edit or select and Ctrl-K (as in Legacy version) is a far more useful (and not annoying) way of accessing the link address to view or change on the rare occasion one might need to.
  • Make this a configurable Preferences setting.
  • Increase the time required while hovering over a link before the flyout appears.