Upgrade? You’ve got to be kidding!

lsbarra
Go to solution Solved by CalS,

Idea

Features I use daily? Gone!

Features I need? Gone?

Integration with my scanner? Gone? Font choices? Numerous >few. Mailed in notes? Hang.

Make  me, a long-term Premium user, looking for alternatives? You bet.

Too bad I just paid for my Premium subscription.

Same thing happened to Toodledo BTW. Major screwup at the top. I’m not confident they can fix this. I’ll give them two weeks, then I’m gone. Almost seems like it was intentional, doesn’t it? Or were they so in love with their baby they couldn’t be objective?

windows 10 on Desktop

IOS peripheral devices

P.S. all happy prior to this idiotic unwanted upgrade

• Like 1

18 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
  • Solution
12 minutes ago, lsbarra said:

I did a clean uninstall followed by an install of the latest EN version from filehippo, but it still seems unimproved to me. I know my scanner works, since I can scan items to other folders on my desktop. As I said, they have ruined a great app. We’ll see what they can do but I fear they are too far gone down the wrong path and won’t be able to get back. As I said, I’ve just moved one of my folders to OneNote to see how I like it. Evernote was one of the best apps I had, but I think it's past tense now. I'd be very surprised if they can recover.  

Not sure then. 

i use a ScanSnap s1300i, I like the footprint.  I created all my own profiles which save the scans to local folders which then are imported to notebooks in EN.  I did not care for the default SS profiles.  Can you do that with an IX500?

I agree with these posts. I am a longtime Evernote user, and after using the free version for a short while I have been a Premium user for years. I use Evernote many times a day: collecting recipes from the web and news sources, copying articles, taking notes. I am totally dependent on Evernote. I have thousands of Notes. I use the web version, the Windows version for desktop, and the iOS version for mobile.

Then suddenly a week or two ago, an upgrade. Suddenly:

• I can't simplify formatting
  • My Windows version rarely even opens
  • I can't edit easily on the new version, I must use the Legacy version 
  • Search simply does not work, either on the Web version or the Windows version, and is far worse on the iOS version.
  • In iOS: To save a news article, it's way inconvenient now compared to before. I must manually copy the article title and cut/paste the content, before I could just automatically upload the article and the title was automatic.

It's so bad that I am considering finding an alternative and switching. Why why why did you do this Evernote?

• Like 2

I did, but it did not restore my ability to scan items into Evernote or most of the other features I lost. It’s just a barebones nothing burger, my 2 cents. Sadly, the life  preserver did not replace the boat. 

And BTW, I will not even think  of calling Fujitsu and messing with my scanner, a ScanSnap IX500, since I know nothing is wrong with the scanner *and* in the past I have spent untold hours getting it to work with Evernote. Finally someone at Fujitsu supplied me with the correct fix after numerous tries. The scanner does not need a firmware or software update.

Meanwhile, I am migrating one of my EN folders to OneNote to see how I like it.

Edited by lsbarra
Had more to add.
  • Level 5

Probably you need to completely uninstall the new client first, then install legacy and get your scanner working again. It is a bit difficult to assist on this, because many scanners need drivers and auxiliary software installed on the system.

Frankly I see no reason (unless you need one of the exclusive v10-features) to currently install one of the new clients on a desktop.

If you want to stick with the v10-client, I would raise the scanner issue with support. Be prepared for a long wait these days !

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, lsbarra said:

all happy prior to this idiotic unwanted upgrade

imho  The version 10 product is not ready for general use

As per @PinkElephant, simply use a legacy version    
It's not a complicated problem

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, lsbarra said:

I did, but it did not restore my ability to scan items into Evernote or most of the other features I lost. It’s just a barebones nothing burger, my 2 cents. Sadly, the life  preserver did not replace the boat. 

Do a Revo uninstall and then get the last pre V10 version, 6.25.1, from filehippo.

I've been going back and forth so much between the previews, betas, release, and legacy versions, that I managed to ***** it up pretty good.  Ended up with a bad zombie note that was keeping me from syncing.  I uninstalled and then scoured my directories for everything related to Evernote.  Be sure to look in App_Data folders.  It wasn't until I completely nuked the site from outer space that I was able to get everything fixed.

• Haha 1

I did a clean uninstall followed by an install of the latest EN version from filehippo, but it still seems unimproved to me. I know my scanner works, since I can scan items to other folders on my desktop. As I said, they have ruined a great app. We’ll see what they can do but I fear they are too far gone down the wrong path and won’t be able to get back. As I said, I’ve just moved one of my folders to OneNote to see how I like it. Evernote was one of the best apps I had, but I think it's past tense now. I'd be very surprised if they can recover.  

Yes I can create folders and scan to any folder on my desktop. That works fine. But when I tried to import a test file into Evernote earlier it could not see the test file, which was a .jpg. I have scanned .jpg files directly into EN before so not sure why EN did not want to import them. Besides, this is now an extra step. 

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, lsbarra said:

Yes I can create folders and scan to any folder on my desktop. That works fine. But when I tried to import a test file into Evernote earlier it could not see the test file, which was a .jpg. I have scanned .jpg files directly into EN before so not sure why EN did not want to import them. Besides, this is now an extra step. 

Not sure how it is an extra step.  On 6.25 if you set up the import folders via Tools - Import Folders you designate what the target notebook is.  You select a profile and scan and the attachment is added the notebook.  Just pushing one button.  Unless I am missing something?

ScreenClip.png.a3b9bf5fbf041c3e53b14ac4b6ad8e00.png

It’s possible I neglected to set up Evernote to monitor selected folders. I never had to do that before. My scans always went to one folder, which then brought them into Evernote. Since that no longer works, I can try this. Thanks. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, lsbarra said:

It’s possible I neglected to set up Evernote to monitor selected folders. I never had to do that before. My scans always went to one folder, which then brought them into Evernote. Since that no longer works, I can try this. Thanks. 

You are welcome.

• Evernote Expert
10 hours ago, bigyellowtrucker said:

What am I missing. Premium user but I don't see the Tools>import folder anyplace.  Windows 10 user. Thank you

Import folders are not, currently, part of Evernote v10.  If Import folders are a key part of your workflow then stick with v6.25 for the time being.