Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web. Try reloading the page.

I have been trying to log in since yesterday and am getting the following error message:
Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web. Try reloading the page.

I have tried clicking the reload button but it just reloads the page displaying the same error message. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

• Like 1

I'm having exact same issue in my windows Evernote application this morning.

It works fine in my iPad Evernote App, and it's not updated latest version yet. 

So I think this problem started with latest update, because I updated my windows app last night.

Well... glad its not just me I guess.  Anyone know an ETA or any other insight?

Confirming issue is with both the latest web app and windows desktop app ( v 10.2.4 build 1949 public )

Edited by Dan @ WORKetc
added environment details.

Same error message all day today (11/2/2020) with Evernote Windows:

v 10.2.4 build 1949 public
Editor: v111.0.14414
Service: v1.21.2
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Is it necessary to create a support ticket or does posting here do essentially the same thing?

• 1 month later...
  • Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

I'm still getting this frequently in random notebooks in the Windows 10 app on all my computers, yet loading from the website works just fine. Please get this fixed, it's incredibly annoying. 10.5.7 build 2171 public.

@RolandDeschain These forums are primarily user-to-user support so your appeal is likely falling on the wrong ears. This isn't a very common issue that I see reported.  This thread arose as a result of a system problem which was resolved in November in a rather earlier version of Evernote v10.

Have you tried a complete removal and reinstall of the software? That might provide a solution. Be sure to delete the data directory as well. Then the reinstalled program will rebuild your data from scratch. You say it is on all of your Windows PCs.  When you say 'random' notebooks do you mean that it is not predictable and it could arise with one notebook today and then tomorrow it will be OK and affecting a different notebook.  Or do you mean that  the issue affects some notebooks but not others?

As a Premium user you could raise a support ticket which will probably get you a speedier answer. But EN support is closed for Christmas/New Year until, I think, 4 January.

You could probably most usefully revert to the legacy application to avoid the frustration until the problem has been resolved.

We've been hit up by this issue across multiple users, across multiple notebooks over the last 36hrs. The same notebooks (shared and unshared) throw the "Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web. Try reloading the page." error... and upon reload will revert back to the default notebook.

Running on latest Win 10 with Evernote v10.5.7 build 2171 public.

Can confirm signing out, uninstalling, manually deleting all reference to Evernote and then re-installing etc etc does not fix the error.  Zero change.

Uhmmm... help... someone... anyone...?

2020-12-30_19-58-29.png

Since Evernote staff still seems to not be aware of the problem :wink: :wink: (I opened one ticket and pointed here, so they should):

WORKAROUND/FIX (source):

The problem seems to get fixed if I delete Evernote's AppData folder (thus losing all notes not on Evernote Web)

• Thanks 1
On 12/29/2020 at 12:11 PM, agsteele said:

@RolandDeschain These forums are primarily user-to-user support so your appeal is likely falling on the wrong ears. This isn't a very common issue that I see reported.  This thread arose as a result of a system problem which was resolved in November in a rather earlier version of Evernote v10.

Have you tried a complete removal and reinstall of the software? That might provide a solution. Be sure to delete the data directory as well. Then the reinstalled program will rebuild your data from scratch. You say it is on all of your Windows PCs.  When you say 'random' notebooks do you mean that it is not predictable and it could arise with one notebook today and then tomorrow it will be OK and affecting a different notebook.  Or do you mean that  the issue affects some notebooks but not others?

As a Premium user you could raise a support ticket which will probably get you a speedier answer. But EN support is closed for Christmas/New Year until, I think, 4 January.

You could probably most usefully revert to the legacy application to avoid the frustration until the problem has been resolved.

Correct. This does not fix the issue, though it did result in some different notebooks having this happen immediately afterwards; but it's still random.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:15 AM, pedro8 said:

Since Evernote staff still seems to not be aware of the problem 😉 😉 (I opened one ticket and pointed here, so they should):

WORKAROUND/FIX (source😞

The problem seems to get fixed if I delete Evernote's AppData folder (thus losing all notes not on Evernote Web)

Same as I just mentioned above in this reply, all this accomplished was changing which notebooks have the reload problem happen on. However, it still changes on a nearly daily basis on its own, anyways. This really needs to get a proper and verified fix by the developers implemented. If any devs see this, feel free to contact me, I am happy to assist in testing or sending logs, etc...I'll probably open a support case when I can as well.

Hey Evernote staff, you've gotta be kidding us. This problem has existed for weeks now both on Windows and MacOS systems - including mine! - and there are no news on fixes or updates whatsoever. How about you get your software back up running? Right now I'm paying you for something I can't use, and I don't like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5

Two possible things for the web client, not sure if any will work:

1. Go to your account settings, tab personal settings. There is a menu position Web Client. Remove the check mark at „activate v10+ client“, save the change, log out. Try to log in and see if the problem was solved.
  2. There were reporting the forum that the browser extension WOT web of trust led to issues with EN. If you have WOT installed, disable it for the login.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2021 at 5:04 PM, PinkElephant said:

Two possible things for the web client, not sure if any will work:

1. Go to your account settings, tab personal settings. There is a menu position Web Client. Remove the check mark at „activate v10+ client“, save the change, log out. Try to log in and see if the problem was solved.
  2. There were reporting the forum that the browser extension WOT web of trust led to issues with EN. If you have WOT installed, disable it for the login.

the first suggestion worked for m. I have been having this issue for almost 2 weeks, and voila......it works!

• Thanks 1