Expansion

joaolabs

I really wish there was a client for the Linux operating system.

I love Evernote and everything it offers me, what doesn't incentive me to subscribe is simply the fact that I don't have a client for my system.

I am aware that we have similar tools until Open Source like Tusk, but I think that an official client would make so many users happy.

It is bad to have to use the web client and not be able to enjoy so many features and themes that we have in an executable client, such as MacOS and Windows.

I also know that I should not be the only one, nor the last one to give this report, but I feel that everyone who comes to express this desire, will sensitize other users who love our penguin system.

• Level 5*

I'm currently using the web version on Linux,  which isn't great - but it lets me look notes up and add new clips - and respond to Forum queries,  so it's usable... and should get better as the main app is further extended. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 11/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, joaolabs said:

I really wish there was a client for the Linux operating system.

I saw somewhere that one is in the works.  They were first waiting on the other new clients to stabilize, so it could take a while 🙂.

• Thanks 1

I'd echo that the web version of Evernote 10 is pretty capable. I use it at work where I can't install the windows client. Although I miss some of the things the old could do, having feature parity between web, mobile and desktop is such a plus point for me. Knowing the pages render the same on any platform was my most wanted feature for version 10 so I was very happy when it was released.

Given that the new Evernote is based on Electron / Javascript (I believe) it should make a Linux port a possibility as they wouldn't need to write and maintain another client.

I suspect the team are pretty busy with other priorities at the moment 🙂 but I'm hopeful that a Linux version is more likely that ever to be a possibility. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1