Evernote Crashing with New Update

Hey everyone! When I open the Evernote app on my IPad, it won’t let me progress past the “Welcome! We’ve updated your app with fresh new..” before it crashes and closes itself down. Beyond this, if I navigate to the next screen to scroll through the “new features”, the progress dots on the bottom of the screen don’t change - as if I haven’t actually swiped through. I am a basic user and so some of my notes are too large to sync to my other devices. I am worried that if I delete the app and redownload it that I will lose those larger notes. I have tried turning my iPad on and off and updating to the latest iOS and still nothing! Any advice helps! Thanks 😕

Caitlin 

6ADEBADC-BE81-41E0-AD7A-62FBB1083790.jpeg

53947A98-ED22-4FB7-8433-F2A904B6E436.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, just_a_dad said:

Having exact same problem

iPad OS 14.2

Evernote 10.1

exact same issue

tried rebooting iPad 

would rather not have to delete app

iphone updated ok

I have been in touch with Evernote’s support team and they offered several suggestions such as trying airplane mode, ensuring other apps were closed, and of course deleting and redownloading the app. Nothing has worked and I also am not keen on deleting the app. They did let me know that there will be a new update in the next few days so I am hopeful that will resolve the issue!

• Level 5

Some problems will only be resolved by uninstalling, dumping all data, then switching the i-device completely off, back on, reinstall, log in, let it fully sync before using it.

Like it or not, if the other proposals from support did not work, I have my doubts if a future release can heal a fundamental corruption in the apps data base. Premium users have no other options (beside the additional functions), did 2 un-/reinstalls myself. It seems v10.1 iOS is now pretty stable.

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting on that promised iOS update. I’m looking at switching to another app.

Here is one I had not heard of:

Other options include:

Dropbox Paper https://www.dropbox.com/paper

Microsoft OneNote https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onenote/digital-note-taking-app

I looked for apps w/a pretty robust free option & most/all features of Evernote.

• Level 5

EN iOS 10.2 is installing and working fine, sort of.

There are still issues, like no send note by mail, offline notebooks not auto-updating, it looses tags when they were added in the share process, no watch client, no search inside of attachments, no search in content shared to you by somebody  etc. But on the other hand it runs stable, editor is fine etc.

If you have problems starting the client: Uninstall, shut down the i-device, restart, reinstall, log in, let it fully sync.