Conflict/copies of notes when I never used to get them

rogergau

Idea

I am regularly now receiving conflict copies of my notes. I start making a change and then a conflict copy appears some minutes later. I've had it happen 7 times now in the last few days with v10 when it would only very rarely hapenned in the last 7 years using previous versions, and when it did happen previously it was for a sensible reason like a device being in airplane mode while changes were made to a note elsewhere.

My enciclopedia of knowledge is in evernote but this version change has me concerned to the point of exporting my data and wondering what else to use. The list of problems impacting me many times every day is enormous:

• conflicting notes
  • checkboxes not repeating
  • delete key not working
  • slow search
  • slower to load/refresh notes list and display notes
  • no sync button
  • shortcuts bar along the top gone

I don't get it. What was the point of the new version.

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

I'm experimenting trouble with duplicates and even triplicates of notes edited in one computer that appear twice or thrice in another. I had seldom had this problem before. I'm using the last 10.2 release, same updated Windows 10 Pro in all the three machines I use (+ cellphone, Android).

Unfortunately it seems going back to the old version hasn't solved the problem. The situation is that with iOS versions updated and no way to revert those, when I edit files on the iOS Evernote apps they are often creating conflicted copies with PC edited notes. It seems like the iOS Evernote apps are not syncing accurately or quickly enough, leading to the conflicted copies. It's very frustrating not being able to trust that my updates notes are accurately saved to the cloud, leading to quite a few instances of conflicted and even lost note data (because if it doesn't sync, and iOS takes the app out of memory, I seem to loose unsynced changes sometimes).

Roger.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:56 AM, rogergau said:

I am regularly now receiving conflict copies of my notes. I start making a change and then a conflict copy appears some minutes later. I've had it happen 7 times now in the last few days with v10 when it would only very rarely hapenned in the last 7 years using previous versions, and when it did happen previously it was for a sensible reason like a device being in airplane mode while changes were made to a note elsewhere.

My enciclopedia of knowledge is in evernote but this version change has me concerned to the point of exporting my data and wondering what else to use. The list of problems impacting me many times every day is enormous:

• conflicting notes
  • checkboxes not repeating
  • delete key not working
  • slow search
  • slower to load/refresh notes list and display notes
  • no sync button
  • shortcuts bar along the top gone

I don't get it. What was the point of the new version.

The list of above problems is what I have found also! I just used the v10 for hours, then comes to many problem, I doubt why they release the new version so bad.

In the old version if one note opens at both my phone and my computer, they sync pretty well. Unless you edit the note at the same time on both devices, evernote usually does not generate conflict. The new version does not handle this well.