"Send to" option not available on the new Widows version

Hi,
The very useful option 'Send To Evernote" that use to appear when you do a right click on a file in your computer is not part of the new Evernote for Windows ( see screenshot). Do you know if this option will be back?

Send To.jpg

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Phil2656 said:

The very useful option 'Send To Evernote" that use to appear when you do a right click on a file in your computer is not part of the new Evernote for Windows ( see screenshot). Do you know if this option will be back?

Hi.  That,  and about 100 other features that 'old' Evernote used to have,  but aren't here yet;  Evernote says 'more to follow'... but no commitment to what or when...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It is possible to configure a new "send to" within Windows. I don't know whether it will work for V10.

If you normally have EN open and the icon in the task bar it is very easy to drag the document to the icon. EN then opens and you can drop it into the note list to make a new document.

814179878_Screen20Shot2012-08-2020at2007.5520AM.JPG.01d1dc703e024fe21526ed6229476a18.JPG 

1760654884_ScreenShot12-08-20at07_56AM.JPG.4d1ab5ca526bb41381e99380dd200072.JPG

• Evernote Expert

This is one of those things that Evernote could make happen without hassle to the end user but it is possible to do for onesself.

1.  Open a Windows RUN box Win+R and type shell:sendto OR go to the sendto folder in Windows Explorer (%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)
  2. Create shortcut (I named this Evernote 10) to %localappdata%\Programs\Evernote\Evernote.exe - This is where EN10 is located on my PC YMMV
I can now right-click and choose send to Evernote 10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
32 minutes ago, getlost!999 said:

this post need a higher visibility

Hi. 

1. Please don't shout - we're (mainly) all users here
  2. If you're complaining about something other than the 'send to' option,  you need to do it coherently in a separate thread
  3. There are dozens of issues - I'm sure Evernote is working on them,  but they're setting the priority.  You may get more direct feedback if you raise a support request - which will take a while to get looked at,  but adds to their stats.
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

and why is Evernote as a company so determined to make feedback on its emails so unaccessible as if you dont want to hear the annoyance of users everywhere, THINK YOU KNOW BEST !

Huh , heard that before from a great many "has been organisations"

keep going and watch the share price slide and the users leave you in numbers!!!!

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, getlost!999 said:

why is half my screen taken up with allow cookies of notifications of andriod and other versions, take this logic a step further and reduce the screen to just one line visible and see our productivity soar !!!!! NOT

Screen shots might help us understand that better...

5 minutes ago, getlost!999 said:

and why is Evernote as a company so determined to make feedback on its emails so unaccessible as if you dont want to hear the annoyance of users everywhere, THINK YOU KNOW BEST !

Huh , heard that before from a great many "has been organisations"

You don't seem go find it problematic to express your annoyance,  but please note we're also users here

As a subscriber you also have the option of direct feedback here...

• Level 5
3 hours ago, getlost!999 said:

and why is Evernote as a company so determined to make feedback on its emails so unaccessible ...

keep going and watch the share price slide and the users leave you in numbers!!!!

Maybe first learn about the facts before writing: EN is a privately hold company, so maybe shareholders are not happy, but there is not share price on a slide. This may be better if you want to follow a long term strategy anyhow, than to live from one quarterly report to another.

If users are on a run nobody can tell, except the guys at EN HQ. Because probably most have yearly subscriptions, roughly 1/12 of all paying accounts should be up for renewal every month. I think they are tracking the renewal rate closely, as the conversion from basic accounts. Time will tell ...

Sending Feedback in fact got easier with v10: There is the support ticket as before (and you get an answer per e-mail, if you ever tried), and there is a new feedback option build into the clients. They will not answer there, but promise to collect and process what is send by users.

The only set back is that they decided to stop the support chat before rolling out v10. Probably it will come back one day - it was a pretty good option to quickly get a fast answer to simpler questions.