Batch Export of Attachments in Evernote 10

glt_3443

Hi Evernote Community,

I just upgraded to 10.2.4 and can't find the feature to batch save out files (attachments) from a note. I’m only seeing the option to save out attachments individually by right clicking the attachment and going to Save As. I was previously running version 7 where I had the "Save Attachments to Folder" option which would batch save them. I used this feature heavily so I wanted to reach out and see if anyone might have any feedback on this. I've scanned through the Learn articles and couldn't find anything other than the option to save out a file individually.

Does this feature not exist in the current version 10.2.4?

Thanks for the help in advance!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
6 hours ago, dam said:

And whats even funnier is that every attachment I'm trying to save (individually ofc) is called ATTACHMENT.  Very well designed.

You could try to use the HTML export where the attachements are saved in seperate folders per note. This prevents name clashing in case of duplicate attachment names in different notes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
On 9/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, qwazerty said:

You could try to use the HTML export where the attachements are saved in seperate folders per note. This prevents name clashing in case of duplicate attachment names in different notes

Yes it works perfectly! Thanks!

• Like 1
On 9/24/2021 at 6:15 PM, CoriHam said:

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?  I rely on this feature for a large insurance claim we are in and I can no longer export attachments to a folder.  Please help!

Yes there is a solution . See bellow.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, qwazerty said:

You could try to use the HTML export where the attachments are saved in separate folders per note. This prevents name clashing in case of duplicate attachment names in different notes

• 1 year later...

It seems that these solutions solve a problem with EN 10 rather than providing genuine functionality. In particular, keeping a legacy version of EN installed to do things that were eliminated in the cross-grade to EN 10 is like having to keep a spare car, since your new car won't start every day after 8pm. Better to have a new car that always starts.

Exporting to HTML does work, but it's a workaround, not a full-on solution: it's not obvious for someone looking for the feature, and it creates extra work (extra intermediary steps + the need to delete unwanted files that support the HTML, etc).

Edited by viverechristus
moderate tone
  • Evernote Expert

You have posted similarly in multiple threads. I'm not clear what it is you are trying to achieve. 

In any case this is an archived thread so perhaps return to one of your other posts and explain what you need as a result. Are you seeking a simple backup or a collection of notes in an alternative format?