[Known Issue] Three copies of pasted screenshots

I take a screenshot (power and home button). Then in the preview I click the share icon and copy it. Then I click done and choose to just delete it. This way I avoid having a bunch of screenshots in my photos.

I then open Evernote and paste it in a note. 

• Level 5

IMHO this should work as well. And it is efficient.

Maybe just for learning if it makes a difference try the loop over camera roll, as I described. There are 2 effects: 1st it creates a "final" copy of the intermediate window from the screenshot. 2nd it uses a reserved area of memory, not the fluid "copy & paste".

This is not in search for efficiency, but for stability. v10 IMHO ist still a fragile product.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same issue here on latest version. IPad Pro 10.5 - CMD+Shift 4 then paste back into Evernote produces 3 copies.

Have pasted the same image into Apple Notes and just got a single copy as expected, so this is not an iPad OS bug.

• 3 months later...

I am on 10.16 too.

No problem when using Readdle PDF expert new capture tool to paste in Evernote.

However I still do encounter the problem when using iPadOs screen capture tool to then copy the image and paste it in Evernote. Same problem exist when copying from LiquidText to paste in Evernote for example.

iPad M1, iPadOS 14.6

• Level 5

Just created this screen shot on my iPad Pro 10.5 running iOS 14.7.1 and EN iOS 10.16. Took the screenshot with iOS and without saving it to the camera roll hit „share“ in the screenshot view, selected EN and filed it without any changes to the default share dialogue.

If you go to the top and read the 2 initial posts by the thread owner, this is what this thread is about.

When I tried it now with EN iOS 10.16, it created a new note with exactly 1 copy of the screenshot as a png picture. Repeating the same on my iPhone created only 1 copy of the screenshot either. If I take this and compare it to the start of this thread, the initial problem posted is not existing any more in EN iOS 10.16.

There may be other situations with more copies, but then a new thread should be opened instead of hijacking this one.

B229C172-578F-4E44-8B1A-0F08CC8C8B8F.thumb.png.c000ca24c016e08b19d54066eb8c4840.png

Well, I can't agree here.  If we read the first two messages from mprogram,  copy / paste problem using screenshot method is reported, not using the sharing technique that is more complicated and more time consuming since drag n drop does not work. 

• Level 5
On 10/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, mprogram said:

I take a screenshot (power and home button). Then in the preview I click the share icon and copy it. Then I click done and choose to just delete it. This way I avoid having a bunch of screenshots in my photos.

I then open Evernote and paste it in a note. 

You are right. I just reread the second posting.

I now did this and used copy instead of share, and it got me 3 pictures.

So you can simply use „Share to EN“ instead of copying. It creates a new note with a single copy of the screenshot and be done.

• Level 5

Try support again. Maybe it does not even make the „hot“ part of the backlog if there are no claims.

For my workflows it does not play any role. I just like to try stuff.

As a workaround I would save to the camera roll, and import it from there. It is then copied only once.

Personally I like to place pictures in tables - this works better from the camera roll as well.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're working on it?  This thread started in October.  Ugh...  🤷‍♂️  Completely screws up workflow.  Interestingly, if you save the image to your photos, then go to photos and copy it from there, then go back and paste it, you'll get just one copy of it.  But all those extra steps SUCK compared to working on a Mac.   

• Level 5

A usual bugfixing priority looks like this:

• Critical: Takes down the app, damages data, may damage other things on the computer
  • High: Makes workflows unusable, functions not working
  • Normal: Requires additional user action, using a workaround

This is likely the lowest category, since you can simply delete 2 of the copies.

It does not explain why it takes them that long to fix it. If you want to remind EN about it, use the feedback function, or issue a support ticket.

• 1 month later...

Been patiently waiting for a fix for this, having the same issue and it’s frustrating. Even the workaround is kind of challenging depending on the content, the mobile editor makes it easy to delete more than you intended and you end up repasting and having to repeat, with some painstaking accuracy to only delete 2 of the 3 images 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Shane D. changed the title to [Known Issue] Three copies of pasted screenshots
  • 1 month later...

Just to chime in, this is still a problem and has been happening on my iPhone 12 and 11.  I think it’s been a problem for a couple of years now.  Not the most urgent with all of the recent sync issues but still it’s out there.

• Level 5

You go to the top of this thread. You see the time stamp it was created.

This was opened shortly after the new clients were pushed to the AppStore. So I think it is there from the very beginning, and it was noticed in October 2020. It is a pretty minor issue, only happening when pictures are inserted in exactly the way described here.

You can open yet another support ticket on it, if you feel like. It may (or may not) move this up the backlog list a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...