Drag Notes To Tags

TechBarber

Idea

The legacy Windows client always gave me the ability to drag notes to tags. So whenever I would sit down to file the notes in my Inbox away, I could just drag them to the appropriate tag in the panel on the left-hand side. For some crazy reason, this was not the case on Mac -- you have to either magically know the tag you want and type it in each time, or go to an entire "tag organizing" screen to add new tags.

In the new clients, the only remaining wrench in my workflow, is the ability to right click the side panel on the left and being able to create new tags, and then being able to DRAG notes into the tags.

Making it even more odd -- you can drag notes to the left panel for shortcuts or to change notebooks, but not to apply a tag.

1 reply to this idea

5 hours ago, TechBarber said:

In the new clients, the only remaining wrench in my workflow, is the ability to right click the side panel on the left and being able to create new tags, and then being able to DRAG notes into the tags.

Tag functionaility in the sidebar is very limited compared with the legacy version. You can create tags by typing a new tag in the tag area at the bottom of the note but if you have a tag hierarchy you cannot specify using this method where the tag sits. 

While you can not drag a note to a tag you can drag a tag to the note in the note list (not into the main body of the note). That's always how I used to do it in the legacy version.