Feature parity between Evernote for macOS and iPadOS

Perfido Pelato

Idea

Many people nowadays use an iPad as primary machine, so please provide feature parity between Evernote for macOS and iPadOS.

At this moment, on iPad, we can’t:

- select multiple notes

- modify the creation date

- sort checklist items

- copy app link to a note

- merge notes

- edit tables

I’d also like to have more keyboard shortcuts to use all (or almost all) Evernote feature without touch the screen.

Edited by Perfido Pelato
Added “Merge notes” and “Edit tables” features
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 replies to this idea

5 minutes ago, Perfido Pelato said:

Many people nowadays use an iPad as primary machine, so please provide feature parity between Evernote for macOS and iPadOS.

At this moment, on iPad, we can’t:

Merge notes......the one thing that means I have to carry my Mac around with me- alternative provide merge option on web browser.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Cannot confirm this. Both run at roughly the same Speed on my devices (iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro 10.5). My wife is running EN v10 on an iPad Air2 and on an iPhone 6S+, both slower but still usable. All devices are on iOS 14.1.

Speed improved significantly with EN iOS v10.1, especially note switching is faster now than it used to be. Still work to be done on this, as on other broken or missing features. Speedwise I would appreciate faster startup, and sort of a „hit-and-run“ quicknote capability.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Cannot confirm this. Both run at roughly the same Speed on my devices (iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro 10.5). My wife is running EN v10 on an iPad Air2 and on an iPhone 6S+, both slower but still usable. All devices are on iOS 14.1..

Interesting.. speed (other than opening the app) on my iPhone XS is fine, but on my 2017 iPad everything in Evernote is slow. Running the latest versions of Evernote and iOS/iPadOS.

And don't forget the general layout and usage of the screen space! The iPad Pro is 12.9", a MacBook Pro 13". Why is the layout different? Why don't you show three columns like on the Mac (and the web version!)?

In general it seems there is not an iPadOS version of Evernote, just an iOS version that runs on iPadOS. It would be great if anyone from Evernote could confirm they know that there is iPadOS and that iPads are not big iPhones and that they actual at least think about developing a dedicated iPad version of Evernote (using 12.9" screens, full Pencil support, full multi-tasking/window support, full trackpad/mouse support, full keyboard support).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1