[Fixed in Version 10.8] Alt + s shortcut in Polish/Latvian keyboard issues for Windows 10 (10.2.4)

Piotas

Idea

Nie rozumiem jak można było zapomnieć o użytkownikach z Polski.

Evernote powinien zwrócić użytkownikom za wpłatę subskrypcji.

Program nie działa poprawnie więc nie należy się zapłata.!!!!!!

Czy naprawdę jest to wielki problem w kodzie źródłowym programu usunąć ten beznadziejny skrót lub go zmienić ??

• Like 6
On 11/18/2020 at 3:40 PM, Pa6lo said:

Nie rozumiem jak można było zapomnieć o użytkownikach z Polski.

Evernote powinien zwrócić użytkownikom za wpłatę subskrypcji.

Program nie działa poprawnie więc nie należy się zapłata.!!!!!!

Czy naprawdę jest to wielki problem w kodzie źródłowym programu usunąć ten beznadziejny skrót lub go zmienić ??

Pewnie mają taki burdel, że już stracili kontrolę nad tym co robią. Chyba już czas ze strony udziałowców i użytkowników by powiedzieć szefowi EvN (CEO) i głównemu managerowi produkcji: Wypierdalać!

Wcześniej już cisnąłem ich Support o zwrot kasy, ale używają pokrętnych argumentów, aby się z tego (niehonorowo) wykręcić.

Nie chcę rezygnować wieczoru, i na razie wróciłem do Legacy, jeśli jednak problem z alt + s będzie nierozwiązany, przechodzę na pierwszy lepszy, podobny system. za dużo elementów mam w EV, żeby nie działały. No chyba że ludziom z EV właśnie o to chodzi:(

• Like 2

Słuchajcie, da się to obejść skryptem Authotkey. Poszukajcie.

Ale nie chodzi juz tylko o te litery.

Cały Evernote jest bez przyszłości bo zrezygnowali z natywnych wersji. Jest powolny, słabo zgrany z OS-ami, na iPadzie to po prostu koszmar (powolny), nie wspomnę takich brakach jak multiselekcja tekstu, dodatkowo wyłączyli możliwość highlightowania i kolorowania kodu, zresztą ikonę kodu ukryli pod plusem,  zła konwersja kolorów tekstu między trybami jasny/ciemny, podwójne klikanie w linki, problemy z przeciąganiem elementów do innych aplikacji lub folderów. Mógłbym długo wymieniać.

Ja przechodzę na jedyną natywną alternatywę - One Note. Trzeba się polubić z ramkami tekstowymi (na maku t nawet da się wyłaczyć ich widoczność).

I tyle!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, koralfx said:

Ja przechodzę na jedyną natywną alternatywę - One Note. Trzeba się polubić z ramkami tekstowymi (na maku t nawet da się wyłaczyć ich widoczność).

I tried to like Microsoft OneNote 2013. I even used for almost two years 2013-2014 it was OK, but totally different than Evenote - I liked native Evernote better, because OneNote is IMHO a hybrid of classic pen noting and "electronic" notes, with limitation resulting from app design decisions. After 2016 Microsft prepared crippled, dumbed-down version of OneNote for Windows 10 and delivered it for free with Windows 10 OneDrive. You would be surprised HOW SIMILAR are "new" Evernote v10 and OneNote for Windows 10! You still can use OneNote 2016 - IF you buy Office 365 subscription.

OneNote may not be the best alternative after all...

Hi,

right_Alt+s is not only a problem for Slavonic languages, it is also a problem for the US_international keyboard:

image.png.04f7b6955907b749f2390b5ff16fd00b.png

I and many (bi- and multilingual) users use this keyboard becasue one can write in many different languages without switching the keyboard, e.g. to write à, ü, ç and... the German ß, which is right_Alt+s. I cannot use the windows version of Evernote anymore because I also need to write letters in German and there are so many ß...

SOLUTION until the Evernote team solves the issue: I simply use the web version.

A suggestion to the evernote team:

I can understand that you like to keep options to a minimum to have an easy & lean GUI. I think you are doing very well with his and I am a very happy user of Evernote. However, I find that your "Options" tab is too small. It is respectful practice for Windows programmers to give users the freedom in 'Options' to change the shortcuts, becasue shortcuts can interfere with other programs. Please respect this, too, this is very basic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dear Evernote support !

What did you do with shortcuts ?! It's ridiculous. I can't normal work !

I am a loyal user of Evernote since 2014 ! I have paid subscription.

There is a very simple solution for this problem - you need to give users possibility to change default shortcuts like was in previous versions.

I am very much considering quitting Evernote.

Please fix it ASAP !!!

If you won't listen your loyal users I think you will lost a lot of them.

• Like 6

The authohotkey solution works for me 😀

Again I'm pasting the whole script (copied from someone on this thread).

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
RAlt & s::
If GetKeyState("Shift","P")
   Send {Text}Ś
else
   Send {Text}ś
return

2 hours ago, ev44 said:

How the ***** am I supposed to write any longer texts without "ś"? this is ridiculus, who even uses this ***** stupid screenshot tool? when you can just printscreen?

Even better, there is handy Win+Shift+S shortcut for screenshot. It will come in handy after moving to OneNote.

• Like 2

Printscreen prinstreenem, ale od kilku dni gdy robię alt + s to ... zamyka to mi evernota.
Potraficie sobie wyobrazić pisanie czegoś i nagle bum, nie ma programu.
Da się zrobić alt + windows funkcyjny + s ale bez przesady.

I aby zrobić gdzie indziej "ś" normalnym skrótem z altem muszę wyłączyć (w tle też) evernota.
Brak słów. Shame.

• Like 1
On 11/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, marek1907 said:

I use ALT+SHITF+S  for "Ś"   or  CAPSLOCK+ALT+SHITF+S for "ś"      ....   so simple  🙂

Yes, it is working, indeed, but more like a hack or workaround, not the solution. If you use muscle memory to type quickly, it is not a best solution. I know I can switch to Polish (214) [klawiatura maszynistki] and it would solve my issue with hardcoded global shortcuts completely, but switching between keyboard layouts is hard for me and time consuming - as I mentioned I touch-type based on muscle memory.

• Like 1
On 11/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, marek1907 said:

I use ALT+SHITF+S  for "Ś"   or  CAPSLOCK+ALT+SHITF+S for "ś"      ....   so simple  :-)

I'll take it like a joke. It is not even a workaround. There are people like me who are using touch-typing. There lots of them. We are typing very fast completely without looking at the keyboard.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, DominikWAW said:

No, moreover the support is not answering questions from Premium users.

I was lucky. Sort of. They replied to me. Once. Three weeks ago:

One of the most bizarre ridiculous answers I have ever heard. 

53 days ago they released software with critical bug! It will be 8 weeks soon. And the don't give a ****.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, DominikWAW said:

No, moreover the support is not answering questions from Premium users.

I asked about refund one or two months ago. Answer was a kind of denial. Support guy wrote that Premium means accessing server from many devices and having access to premium support, etc., but apps are for free. No apologies. Just common text that EvN will fix it someday in the future.

My subscription ends in few months. I will most probably not renew it. I'm currently testing alternatives and use BackuperyForEvernote to assure safety of my data.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5

Apologies for what ? For a bad release ? I don’t want nice sounding words (predefined from a sleazy communications guy, counterread by 3 lawyers in pinstrip suits, getting money they better use to employ some more engineers), I expect them to get things done.

You can install the legacy client, use it and wait until v10 matures. Then you have what you had before - so for what exactly you want to be refunded ?

Not for blog posts like the ones I can read here, be assured. They read like hitting your own toe with a hammer, again and again, and asking the EN guys every time whether they feel the pain. No, don’t feel - so  🔨wham 😩

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Apologies for what ? For a bad release ? I don’t want nice sounding words (predefined from a sleazy communications guy, counterread by 3 lawyers in pinstrip suits, getting money they better use to employ some more engineers), I expect them to get things done.

You can install the legacy client, use it and wait until v10 matures. Then you have what you had before - so for what exactly you want to be refunded ?

Not for blog posts like the ones I can read here, be assured. They read like hitting your own toe with a hammer, again and again, and asking the EN guys every time whether they feel the pain. No, don’t feel - so  🔨wham 😩

In the meantime there were some small issues with my Internet connection and sat-TV. Both companies apologized and offered small discount/gift. So, get real. It's CX.

Moreover, in 2012 "Apple CEO Tim Cook has written an open letter on Apple’s website, finally apologizing for the Maps drama that’s been unfolding over the past few weeks with the introduction of iOS 6." https://techcrunch.com/2012/09/28/tim-cook-apologizes-for-apple-maps-points-to-competitive-alternatives/

"Zoom CEO apologizes for security problems on public live stream" https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/8/21213847/zoom-ceo-security-privacy-apology-fix-china-videoconference

Official recomendation see: https://hbr.org/2015/09/the-organizational-apology

Nevertheless, from my email archive:

image.png.d2f4a3c9536d5947b4046382fd8f4935.png

I received this message above from EvN CTO in 2013.

Mature companies know how to handle issues.

I already use old 6.25.1 client, but new 10.x WebApp, which is getting more buggy with every new release. I reported an obvious bug two weeks ago (support and forum), and finally today I got a message, that they aware of the problem, but they have no idea when it will be fixed. LOL! It's a major bug in a basic core function, which means that they don't do proper (any?) Quality Assurance.

Probability, that EvN will fix itself and their apps is getting lower with each week and each new release. EvN had its chance to show positive side, but failed. Sorry...

Fortunately, I'm almost finished with testing of alternative solutions. Within next few weeks my migration strategy should be ready. Then...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5

To me it just sounds like more of toe - hammer - ouch. 

EN will move ahead with what they started, no matter what you write or do. They went already to far on this road for a U-turn. You can let your subscription expire and go elsewhere. This is your holy right as a customer.

If they offered 2 free months to all subscribers, it would reduce their revenue by 16%. For me, these 2 month would account for nothing if I my use cases are broken. And they would account for not much more if my use cases are intact. In one case I am gone, in the other not. Throwing money on that decision does not alter it.

So if you look at it from the company side, just a waste of money.

So better stop spending time on forum prose and get your data ready to move. Much less painful than ... (see above)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am out. 😁

I have cancelled my subscription. After six years of premium I am on a free plan now.

This is the only way we can press on management to show their ignorance in customer care. They are not interested in keeping loyal paying customers, so good luck. 🤑

I switched to OneNote. Yes, I know it is not the best software, some say big and over-featured but I am able to make notes at last. 😋

It took me a lot of work, the result is very different from EN. Anyway I reviewed many of my notes to find some interesting issues 😏

After two months of doing nothing EN confirmed that they "move ahead with what they started, no matter what you write or do" @PinkElephant.

They answer premium members questions: @DominikWAW

I understand that you'd like to have the ability to customize the keyboard shortcuts of your new Evernote app.

At this time, we haven’t yet built this feature into the new Evernote app. This feature is on our to-do list and we plan on building it soon.

While we encourage everyone to give the new Evernote app a try, we recognize that there are some scenarios where using an older version is necessary or desired.

If you pay you can use a very stable "legacy application" and hope for better future. No folks! Bye bye.

• Like 4

Hi there

so, I have installed old LEGACY version 

I have about 1000 notes and for now I don't want to move it to another app.
However I prefer green to grey  and I'm very surprised.

I can't normally use polish letter "ś" because the shortcut close the window (so it closes the note or the app).
Really?

My ticket number: Ticket# 3216878 

Don't let me down, Dear Evernote.

Gosh, the mentioned issue must be resolved immediately!

Something like that should never happened in the first place, and the Windows app developers should get a feedback that they have made a trivial mistake – utilizing a keyboard shortcut that is already taken by the operating system for localization purposes.

Seriously, guys, it’s a 101 kind of embarrassing mistake and no serious software company can make it and keep their image intact. C’mon guys… Shame on you, really.

Besides, what has been indicated as a "solution" in this thread is not a solution, but a workaround.

PS: I'm also canceling my subscription until this problem is going to be taken seriously. User Zbigniew is right that there must be consequences.

• Like 2

I don't understand Evernote strategy with that matter. Why Evernote can't introduce temporary work around, fi. to switch off all shortcuts in the app. So many users are disappointed.

After receiving feedback from customer support that changed my ticket to "solved" with answer "We haven’t built this feature into the new Evernote app. This is one of a handful of  features we are still considering." and great solution "Install an older version of Evernote" I've decided transfer all my notes to Nimbus Note.

Despite that I'm regularly checking if something is changed here, but I see only helplessness.

• Like 2

I've spent some time analysing how new Evernote works.
Old Evernote stored his settings in Windows registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Evernote\Evernote) where we can see hotkey configuration.
New one doesn't use them. 
It seems like they hardcoded them in Evernote.exe or in app.asar files. I wasn't able to find what to change to deactivate hotkeys in binary files.

Maybe someone else can do it. Or maybe I'll be patience. 

• Level 5

The new version is practically a web browser with an app surface. I don't think they use the Windows settings directly.

The settings are said to appear in a future release. Currently the easiest way to go is to install the legacy client.

I'm very sorry but after 8 years of using Evernote I'm forced to move to OneNote.

I have patiently waited 3 months or more to fix "this issue" and I believed that this is your priority to enable thousand of european users to use your tool.

When I saw that there were updates and this bug was not fixed I was pissed off. I still can't work in my way. 

What is funny, I had to instal legacy version to use OneNote Importer.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, Bartek2 said:

I'm very sorry but after 8 years of using Evernote I'm forced to move to OneNote.

I have patiently waited 3 months or more to fix "this issue" and I believed that this is your priority to enable thousand of european users to use your tool.

When I saw that there were updates and this bug was not fixed I was pissed off. I still can't work in my way. 

What is funny, I had to instal legacy version to use OneNote Importer.

I am still using Evernote in parallel with Joplin as part of my exit strategy, because Evernote mail forwarder is useful sometimes as I am forced to use admin-limited virtual machine for some of my tasks and email forward is one of few remaining options to use.

I used OneNote for two years for work between 2015 and 2017 and it was useful for limited amount of notes, where search wasn't that important. OneNote is "paper centric" solution, while Evernote used to be not limited to artificial 2-level limits organization imposed by OneNote.

I prefer full text over "virtual papier" approach.

It all depends of your preference.

• Thanks 1

I'm trying with Joplin today

- starting with just subset of my notes

Huuuge advantage is that you can encrypt notes - while you cannot in Evernote.

I really also like markdown approach.

I'll focus on "searching" fetaure - crucial fetaure.

One note is aboslutely not a soution for me as it's literally sucking dicks - Microsoft sucks here sooo much like with Azure API confirming job submitted while it's not.

I will miss evernote so much.

• Like 1

I cancelled my subscription, too. I'm going to follow this topic to see how it goes, and maybe come back when it's fixed. Until then, I'll stick with Basic on the web. I don't use premium features much anyway.

The issue is not as frustrating as the reaction and attitude of the Evernote team. I love the app, I crossed my fingers when they did the last redesign and started from scratch, but this – I find unacceptable. I don't feel I really need Premium, but I paid to support Evernote. I lost the reason to pay.

I bought Nimbus Note on AppSumo. It's not the same experience, but If I had to, I feel I would switch to Nimbus. And maybe some day I will. How long should we wait for the fix of the one damn shortcut.

• Like 1
On 12/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, jnizniowski said:

I cancelled my subscription, too. I'm going to follow this topic to see how it goes, and maybe come back when it's fixed. Until then, I'll stick with Basic on the web. I don't use premium features much anyway.

The issue is not as frustrating as the reaction and attitude of the Evernote team. I love the app, I crossed my fingers when they did the last redesign and started from scratch, but this – I find unacceptable. I don't feel I really need Premium, but I paid to support Evernote. I lost the reason to pay.

I bought Nimbus Note on AppSumo. It's not the same experience, but If I had to, I feel I would switch to Nimbus. And maybe some day I will. How long should we wait for the fix of the one damn shortcut.

I use Evernote Legacy. I use Evernote since 2009. I like the service and Evernote integrations (I use email integration, external web linking and integration with Insightly CRM). Parts that sucks ass are desktop app and new mobile app, unfortunately this results in overall deserved criticism.

• Like 1

Założyłem tu konto tylko po to, żeby dać upust emocjom związanym z tym problemem.

SHAME ON YOU EVERNOTE TEAM!

Dziękuję za uwagę.

I za skrypt w AHK też dziękuję. Chwilowo korzystam, ale chyba też wrócę do legacy.

Swoją drogą to u mnie podobnie jak u innego użytkownika - PC zaktualizowany dawno temu i nie ma żadnego problemu. Teraz zaktualizowałem lapka i tu już mam problem.

• Like 2

I have the same issue, but with using an english international keyboard layout as a German. I mostly write in English and then everything works fine, but if I want to type a german ß I also use the AltGr + s combination. And this is so ingrained that no matter how often that results in evernote interfering I keep doing it. It starts to get really annoying. So evernote pleeeeaaase fix that! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, Jori said:

I have the same issue, but with using an english international keyboard layout as a German. I mostly write in English and then everything works fine, but if I want to type a german ß I also use the AltGr + s combination. And this is so ingrained that no matter how often that results in evernote interfering I keep doing it. It starts to get really annoying. So evernote pleeeeaaase fix that! 

I have the same issue. I use a UK keyboard but live in Germany so have my keyboard mapped to use Alt Gr for German special characters. Since updating to the new Evernote I can't write ß anywhere without copying and pasting. This is even when  I do not have evernote running and have disabled the chrome extension.  have a paid evernote account but I can't even reach support as every time I try it logs me back out. I'm extremely unhappy and unless it is fixed within the next week I'll be switching Onenote or similar. 

Bugs happen but this is a terrible oversight compounded by the support system not working for paying customers. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It looks like for now I raqcomend to uninstall and instal older version of Evernoet Legacy. I did so and chenged thoe shortcuts with "Alt". Waiting for the solution for the new verstion. You can download the older version here:
https://help.evernote.com/hc/pl/articles/360052560314-Instalowanie-starszej-wersji-Evernote

Nie doczekałem się poprawki dotyczącej błędów działania Alt+S .

Ponieważ zespół Evernote nas ignoruje dzisiaj po 5 latach anulowałem subskrypcję premium. Kilka dni zajęła mi migracja do OneNote i wiecie co... żałuję że nie zrobiłem tego wcześniej. Szkoda mi tylko będzie funkcji skanowania wizytówek. 

Ciao!

Still no fix for "Alt+S"  malfunction.

Because the Evernote team is ignoring us, today after 5 years I have cancelled my premium subscription. It took me a few days to migrate to OneNote and guys, You know what?.. I wish I had done it before.

The only missing feature is  the business card scanning . 

• Like 5

That is really becoming infuriating. Many weeks from the release of the "repolished" Evernote, and many weeks since numerous users signalled the acute problem of global shortcuts in lots of languages, not only Polish, and what we eventually get is... a list of shortcuts. It's preposterous. 

I've been paying for Evernote Premium for a few years and now I'm feeling neglected, being forced to use Evernote Legacy. It's a shame. 

The tendency to oversimplify menus is nonsensical and user unfriendly in my opinion but sadly it seems to be a general trending. Just let us know whether you are going to let users switch the keyboard shortcuts off or not. So that we know if there's any point in waiting to cancel our subsrciptions. 

• Like 3
On 12/18/2020 at 4:56 PM, lukaszw said:

That is really becoming infuriating. Many weeks from the release of the "repolished" Evernote, and many weeks since numerous users signalled the acute problem of

Maybe they made a typo in the release note, instead of "repolish" it should be pre-polish 😉

I feel your pain, they provided an overview pane with all the shortcuts, but it isn't configurable ! How difficult can it be?

On 12/30/2020 at 12:18 PM, Klaids said:

im so sad, its still not fixed. rly. web version is not rly solution :(  Im closing evernote now and shooting down auto start. And start to rethink why i pay for this .

another update, bug still not solved

Evernote dev team gives clear message to non-US users: we do not care about you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 1/10/2021 at 10:50 PM, QuaternionX said:

Jedyna opcja to rezerwacja alt+ctrl+s przez samodzielnie napisany program w AutoHotkey. Musi on zostać odpalony przez Evernotem, najlepiej razem z systemem.

Skrypt do samodzielnej kompilacji

^!s::ś
return

Exek w załączniku ale może zostać usunięty

Evernote - rezerwacja ś.exe 1.06 MB · 0 downloads

Druga opcja to używanie Evernote Legacy, będzie szybciej oraz będą dostępne wszystkie te funkcje których nie ma w Evernote v10 a były w Evernote V6.x.

Ile to już trwa? Wydaje się, że ta sprawa jest bardzo nisko na liście priorytetów.

Za pół roku kończy mi się subskrypcja, wtedy mocno się zastanowię nad przesiadką. A byłem zadowolony.

8 hours ago, Squint said:

Ile to już trwa? Wydaje się, że ta sprawa jest bardzo nisko na liście priorytetów.

Za pół roku kończy mi się subskrypcja, wtedy mocno się zastanowię nad przesiadką. A byłem zadowolony.

Testy alfy/bety trwały 1,5 roku. Problem już wtedy był komunikowany Evenote. Problem skrótów klawiszowych w konflikcie do wielu standardowych klawiatur jest od oficjalnej premiery Evernote v10 na początku listopada 2020, czyli już trzeci miesiąc. Efektem używam Evernote Legacy, rozglądam się za alternatywą (na tę chwilę typem jest Joplin) i co parę tygodni odpalam na kilka minut Evernote v10 by znów stwierdzić że nie było warto.

Evernote development v10 started 1,5 year ago, I am aware many people complained during beta but were ignored; this issue is persistent sinve V10 debuted in November 2020. I was happy with Evernote before V10 and didn't have any urge to move out, BEFORE crippling, slow and buggy v10 happened.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Piotas said:

Testy alfy/bety trwały 1,5 roku. Problem już wtedy był komunikowany Evenote. Problem skrótów klawiszowych w konflikcie do wielu standardowych klawiatur jest od oficjalnej premiery Evernote v10 na początku listopada 2020, czyli już trzeci miesiąc.

To było (w zamiarze) pytanie retoryczne, ale nie wiedziałem o tym, że sprawa wyszła już w testach, więc jest profit, dzięki :) To tylko zwiększa skalę dramatu.

Daj znać jak wyszły testy Joplina. Wczoraj zrobiłem wstępne rozpoznanie (bez instalacji, importu i testów). Krótka lista:

• nimbus
  • notion
  • joplin
  • laverna

PS. Na moderację zawsze czeka się kilka godzi (6-7) czy tylko przy pierwszym poście? Teraz weszło od razu.

3 hours ago, Squint said:

To było (w zamiarze) pytanie retoryczne, ale nie wiedziałem o tym, że sprawa wyszła już w testach, więc jest profit, dzięki :) To tylko zwiększa skalę dramatu.

Daj znać jak wyszły testy Joplina. Wczoraj zrobiłem wstępne rozpoznanie (bez instalacji, importu i testów). Krótka lista:

• nimbus
  • notion
  • joplin
  • laverna

PS. Na moderację zawsze czeka się kilka godzi (6-7) czy tylko przy pierwszym poście? Teraz weszło od razu.

Polecam ten wątek, tu jest bardzo obszerne porównanie alternatyw Evernote

Notion zaciąga dane z Evernote ale to inna kategoria narzędzia, bardziej nastawiona na budowę WIKI niż notatek

Nimbus zainstalowałem, potrafi zaciągnąć z Evenote, w zasadzie nie ma się do czego przyczepić poza drobiazgami typu brak możliwości wybrania formatu daty (tylko narzucone wynikającego z locale), ale to apka BARDZO porównywalna z NOWYM Evernote v10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Piotas said:

Polecam ten wątek, tu jest bardzo obszerne porównanie alternatyw Evernote

Notion zaciąga dane z Evernote ale to inna kategoria narzędzia, bardziej nastawiona na budowę WIKI niż notatek

Nimbus zainstalowałem, potrafi zaciągnąć z Evenote, w zasadzie nie ma się do czego przyczepić poza drobiazgami typu brak możliwości wybrania formatu daty (tylko narzucone wynikającego z locale), ale to apka BARDZO porównywalna z NOWYM Evernote v10

Dzięki @Piotas za to zestawienie, choć kryteria są dość dyskusyjne. Ja finalnie jestem bardzo zadowolony z tego fuckupu Evernote, bo odkryłem Roam Research. W tym zestawieniu jest nisko, ale to jest jednak zupełnie inna jakość narzędzia, pozwalająca na o wiele lepszą organizację informacji dzięki dwukierunkowemu linkowaniu. Gorąco polecam, przede wszystkim badaczom i pisarzom. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DominikWAW said:

Dzięki @Piotas za to zestawienie, choć kryteria są dość dyskusyjne. Ja finalnie jestem bardzo zadowolony z tego fuckupu Evernote, bo odkryłem Roam Research. W tym zestawieniu jest nisko, ale to jest jednak zupełnie inna jakość narzędzia, pozwalająca na o wiele lepszą organizację informacji dzięki dwukierunkowemu linkowaniu. Gorąco polecam, przede wszystkim badaczom i pisarzom. 

Roam Research - słyszałem o nim wiele razy, to zupełnie inne zwierzę, z ogólnego opisu to dla mnie to hybryda hierarchicznego tree-pad'a z MindMap'ą (osobiście używam SimpleMind'a od kiedy FreeMind przestał być rozwijany); linki da się robić i w Evernote i w Joplin'ie; sam linkowałem mindmap'y w FreeMind dobrych piętnaście lat temu.

Dzięki za sugestię, przyjrzę się bardziej Roam Research, widzę że jest drogo, ale mają 30-dniowy trial.

22 minutes ago, Piotas said:

Roam Research - słyszałem o nim wiele razy, to zupełnie inne zwierzę, z ogólnego opisu to dla mnie to hybryda hierarchicznego tree-pad'a z MindMap'ą (osobiście używam SimpleMind'a od kiedy FreeMind przestał być rozwijany); linki da się robić i w Evernote i w Joplin'ie; sam linkowałem mindmap'y w FreeMind dobrych piętnaście lat temu.

Dzięki za sugestię, przyjrzę się bardziej Roam Research, widzę że jest drogo, ale mają 30-dniowy trial.

Freemind też kiedyś mocno używałem, ale w Roam wyświetlanie relacji między notatkami jako grafu nie jest dla mnie kluczowe. Istotniejsza jest łatwość linkowania notatek i fragmentów tekstu (łącznie z ich jednoczesnym zmienianiem tych fragmentów we wszystkich miejscach na raz) i to że linki tworzą się od razu w obie strony. Z każdego istotnego pojęcia czy frazy możesz zrobić osobną stronę i potem na niej budują się automatycznie odwołania do wszystkich notatek, które do niej się odwołują. Evernote był świetny do robienia notatek, ale jak zaczynasz ich mieć tysiące to ich porządkowanie robi się ciężkie. Roam znacząco ułatwia nie tylko robienie notatek, ale przede wszystkim ich porządkowanie i budowanie wiedzy ze zbieranych informacji. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, DominikWAW said:

Z każdego istotnego pojęcia czy frazy możesz zrobić osobną stronę [...]

Tak jak na niemal każdym sofcie typu wiki. 

12 minutes ago, DominikWAW said:

[...] i potem na niej budują się automatycznie odwołania do wszystkich notatek, które do niej się odwołują. 

Tak jak w wielu softach typu wiki, w tym chyba najpopularniejszej MediaWiki (Special:WhatLinksHere). 

Bardzo doceniam graph view, lokalne wersje, block reference [które notabene nie są zachowywane przy eksporcie!] "czysty interfejs" czy wsparcie Markdown, ale... 165 $/y ?! (a kiedyś to było nawet chyba 30 $/m). Domyślam się, że część psychofanów RR tak go wychwala, bo 1) płaci za niego (typowy mechanizm), oraz 2) nie zna alternatywy. OK, idealna alternatywa pewnie nie istnieje, ale jak ktoś nie potrzebuje grafów (choć w niektórych wiki załatwiają to pluginy) i się przestawi z markdown na mediawiki (który przy okazji oferuje dużo większe możliwości, choć to niekoniecznie zaleta) - to już kilka darmowych rozwiązań można wskazać. Dla mnie model "total online" (niestety Evernote też do tego zmierza) przy braku możliwości zrobienia pełnego backupu, brak możliwości prostego share-by-url bez podawania emaila odbiorców, brak wygodnego dodawania załaczników, itp. - przy tej cenie to przegięcie.  Ale rozumiem, że dla innych RR może być życiowym game changerem.

1 hour ago, Piotas said:

Roam Research [...] to zupełnie inne zwierzę...

Też tak to odbieram. Świetne (choć irracjonalnie drogie) narzędzie do specyficznych potrzeb.

Przy okazji: fajna porównywarka funkcji oprogramowania typu wiki: https://www.wikimatrix.org/ (przy czym takich rozwiązań, jak Roam Research czy Amplenote tam nie ma, same typowe wiki).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's been more than three months from releasing version 10. 

Three unbearably frustrating months for thousands of users all around the world. 

Let me tell you something @gbarry, @Shane D. - you are all disgusting. You are correcting irrelevant minor issues, when we are still waiting for fundamental fix. Taking control over system wide shortcuts was one of the dumbest thing you've ever done. But you did it. Shame on you. Now clean the mess. 

How arrogant are you?...

• Thanks 5

W tym momencie v10 działa u mnie płynnie, skróty klawiszowe mam rozwiązane z użyciem autohotkey. 

Jedyna rzecz której mi brakuje w nowej wersji Evernote to "proofing" w dwóch językach, bo w tym momencie działa tylko w języku głównym w OS. Drugiego języka nie bierze pod uwagę i wszystko co piszę po polsku na czerwono podkreśla, co bardzo irytuje.

W starej wersji proofing działał we wszystkich językach dodanych w ustawieniach systemu operacyjnego.

Jeśli Evernote uda się zrobić dwujęzykowy proofing to, żadna inna aplikacja mu nie dorówna, bo nawet w OneNote gdzie jest możliwość pisania w dwóch językach nie jest to idealnie rozwiązane.

Myślę że przyszłość evernote bardziej będzie zależała od tego czy będzie możliwość pisania w wielu językach, bo jeśli ta opcja będzie, to ludzie będą rezygnować z innych aplikacji przenosząc się do Evernote.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Barabasz said:

How arrogant are you?...

Actually, they're saints. All customer service is - they have to be! They're the ones literally between the rock (the managers that made that decision and the developers who had to implement it) and the hard place (the users).

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Michał Kuczek said:

W tym momencie v10 działa u mnie płynnie, skróty klawiszowe mam rozwiązane z użyciem autohotkey. 

Jedyna rzecz której mi brakuje w nowej wersji Evernote to "proofing" w dwóch językach, bo w tym momencie działa tylko w języku głównym w OS. Drugiego języka nie bierze pod uwagę i wszystko co piszę po polsku na czerwono podkreśla, co bardzo irytuje.

W starej wersji proofing działał we wszystkich językach dodanych w ustawieniach systemu operacyjnego.

Jeśli Evernote uda się zrobić dwujęzykowy proofing to, żadna inna aplikacja mu nie dorówna, bo nawet w OneNote gdzie jest możliwość pisania w dwóch językach nie jest to idealnie rozwiązane.

Myślę że przyszłość evernote bardziej będzie zależała od tego czy będzie możliwość pisania w wielu językach, bo jeśli ta opcja będzie, to ludzie będą rezygnować z innych aplikacji przenosząc się do Evernote.

Evernote v10.5.7 still has maximum note selection limit of 50 items (so it results in no mass export of more than 50 notes in a notebook), no folder import automation, no tree tag editor with mass selection and drag-and-drop capability to mass-move tags, still no ability to disable hardcoded keybindings (I don't like AutoHotKey workaround, and it is considered a cheating software by serveral games I play - I don't want to get banned).

Evernote v10 is still a downgrade compared to Evernote v6.25, I see no reason to chose v10 over v6.25.

v10.5.7 is a step in a good direction compared to v10.0.0, but not compared with v6.25.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Michał Kuczek said:

To co jest w obecnej wersji EverNote jest beznadziejne - sprawdza tylko podstawową ortografię w jednym języku. Inne edytory jak Google-docs, Word itd. mają też korygowanie gramatyki. OneNote póki co ma najsłabszą, ale MS zapowiedział, że w 2021 doda do niego funkcjonalność z Worda, czyli automatyczne rozpoznawanie jezyków i zaawansowane sprawdzanie gramatyki i stylu pisania.

Na próbę przekleiłem parę dni temu kiepski angielski tekst do Evernote i dla porównania też do Worda, Apple-Notes, Google Docs, OneNote oraz edytora w przeglądarce w dodatkiem Grammarly. EverNote znalazł (drastycznie) najmniej błędów...

I jeszcze dla przypomnienia ile mozliwości modyfikacji opcji miała stara wersja...

image.png.097ab9f56deafebeeb88af1006aada90.png

• Like 1
On 11/4/2020 at 10:28 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and working to resolve it.

I'll follow-up here once I have an update.

And how about this problem? How long will it take to resolve it?

18 minutes ago, Gary Lavin said:

I moved back to the Legacy version just because I have been using F4 for screenshots for 10 years and don't want to change. Give us back the option to customize hotkeys please!!!

you can use Start → Shift → s in Windows which lets you take screenshots with more control, I have started using it and I despise the basic full screen screenshot ever since.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Michał Kuczek said:

you can use Start → Shift → s in Windows which lets you take screenshots with more control, I have started using it and I despise the basic full screen screenshot ever since.

That seems pointless, Evernote lets me pick the area and it auto creates a note. I just want a single button, F4 for me, rather than a combo.

2 hours ago, Gary Lavin said:

That seems pointless, Evernote lets me pick the area and it auto creates a note. I just want a single button, F4 for me, rather than a combo.

I thought the same until I pushed myself to hit Win+Shift+s.

If you really need to use one button you can create a very very short script in autohotkey to make it to one button:

F4::<#+s

• Like 1
On 11/3/2020 at 4:35 PM, Barabasz said:

It seems to me that Evernote developers know about this critical error for a long time and... don't give a ****. 
I believe we have only three options for now:

These are direct links to download Evernote binaries before this total clusterfuck:

1) So called "legacy version" (latest available pre-version-10 release, Evernote with gray icon😞

2) Latest pre-legacy release (Evernote with normal green icon😞

It is not a solution!!!! It does not solve the problem with the newest Evernote client therefore shall not be marked as a solution. It is a workaround!!!

I am also a user from Poland without a possibility of change the default sh**y keyboard settings of Evernote. The product is not usable at all in Poland. I am the premium user - are Evernote going to give me back my money or at least some discount??

• Like 2

Just found out about this bug when i installed evernote for the first time after a while. No, it is still not fixed. Currently uninstalling.

A critical bug, that makes the app literally unusable in multiple world markets, is being neglected by the dev team for MONTHS. I have no words.

• Like 1

It's just incredible. Yet another update, and again without solving the well known problem. And again, the problem is contained within the "soon to come" section. To say it's making fools of clients including premium ones is to say nothing. It's just plainly scandalous. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5

What a joke. There are features missing for ALL users, but EN must solve your specific problem ? Yes, I know, it is a problem for a number of European languages, but still it is an issue for a small percentage of users.

So it may be a continuing sore for you, but it is IMHO not a scandal to focus scarce dev capacity on developing features we are ALL waiting for. You can use legacy as we all do when we miss something on the new client, and have no problem with your specific language settings any more.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

It is definitely a scandal to publish an underdeveloped version of an app, which contains a critical bug for a big number of users, and especially if you pay for a premium version. I'm not paying to be forced to use a legacy version. I'm paying so that I get a fully featured, well prepared version in my native language. As for now (and for the past two months I think) new EN is practically unusable for a big number of European clients, I suppose not only Polish ones, but also German, Czech, Slovak, Lithuanian, and many others. 

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Oh, this is a good one !

And all the other Premium / Plus / Business users that are paying for their feature parity have to wait until EN solved your specific issue ?

Because we are ALL waiting for EN to get their act together and release what was axed when they shipped this premature release in September last year ! IMHO it is first things first, and these are things that will benefit 100% of users. I have many ideas what this could be, because there are core functions still unfixed.

If you don’t want to use legacy, it is your decision. It simply means that you will have to wait longer until your problem is solved. With legacy, you could solve it right now, and be done until v10 does what you (duefully) expect.

But maybe you prefer to wait and steam and wait ....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
22 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Oh, this is a good one !

And all the other Premium / Plus / Business users that are paying for their feature parity have to wait until EN solved your specific issue ?

Because we are ALL waiting for EN to get their act together and release what was axed when they shipped this premature release in September last year ! IMHO it is first things first, and these are things that will benefit 100% of users. I have many ideas what this could be, because there are core functions still unfixed.

If you don’t want to use legacy, it is your decision. It simply means that you will have to wait longer until your problem is solved. With legacy, you could solve it right now, and be done until v10 does what you (duefully) expect.

But maybe you prefer to wait and steam and wait ....

I would not care if the problem affects only evernote, but it affects the whole system!!! After the installation of Everonte the whole Windows is not usable. This IS a major problem. I don't think that you undrestand the impact. 

Secondly, you don't have the idea about the number of subscriptions in non-english countries and not solving the issue because it is connected "only with some slavic, non-important languages" is a brillant case of discrimination. The problem does not reffers to the translation, but, as it was already written multiple times, installation of evernote makes the whole Windows unusableAnd as a customer who paid for evernote subscription I have my right to have this issue solved.

Besides that, marking the topic as "solved" is absolutely not right. The problem is not solved

Edited by Paweł Wojtal
Emotions
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

What a joke. There are features missing for ALL users, but EN must solve your specific problem ? Yes, I know, it is a problem for a number of European languages, but still it is an issue for a small percentage of users.

So it may be a continuing sore for you, but it is IMHO not a scandal to focus scarce dev capacity on developing features we are ALL waiting for. You can use legacy as we all do when we miss something on the new client, and have no problem with your specific language settings any more.

I am not writing about the missing features. I am writing about BUG which shall have higher prio than missing feature.

Moreover: the thread here has more than 190 replies - it is one of the biggest discussion in the whole forum - it can be quite good measure of the impact of the problem. There are also at least 2 other threads about the same problem. Total number of answers in those 3 threads is almost 250. This topic is the most hot topic on the whole evernote forum. And you're saying that "its a minor issue". LOL.

In addition, if you check the number of views of each thread, it's the one out of two most viewed topics - so the topic  IS  important. 

So - the evernote team - any response from your side?

image.png

image.png

• Like 4
On 1/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, PinkElephant said:

I wonder if Evernote team has so limited dev capacity, why are they introducing features nobody asked for like new HOME (definitively aimed for upsell due to limitation of HOME for free users) instead of removing bugs that makes Evernote completely unusable for minority of users?

• Like 1

Premium featre: "Troubleshooting an issue? Your support requests skip to the head of the queue and get priority response." Evernote isn't seriuos company. I stop my subscription, uninstall app. Buy evernote...there are a tons of similar app on the market. (New home screen doesn't bring any value, it is only cosmetic)

• Like 3

have the same issue, cannot use... even now I'm trying to type this letter,  hit ALT+S and it proposes me to make a screenshot instead of add this letter 😢

and cannot find the way how to fix this shortcut...

don't want to use web version of Evernote, I like desktop one

On 11/4/2020 at 10:28 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and working to resolve it.

I'll follow-up here once I have an update.

Any news here? Some rough estimations at least?? Now I am getting to feel ignored, and I really DONT like this kind of a feeling.

I am also wondering where is this "enhanced customer support" which I am paying for in the PREMIUM plan:

image.png.abe337f886794f6a610be5907d669965.png

• Like 4

Evernote programers, please switch off alt+s on Windows desktop, it is so easy to do. Only few people will miss it, but all people writing Slavonic languages or using the US international keyboard can start using the desktop app again. Please... 

• Like 1