Hyperlink auto conversion PLEASE STOP

silvershower

Idea

23 replies to this idea

On 4/3/2021 at 5:35 PM, skirsch said:

Converting hyperlinks to embedded video frames by default is a horrible idea, I agree. No way to turn it off is extremely annoying.

It's not just annoying, this can be a security issue, since the creation of that embedded content can also result in external code from the embedded page being run upon opening/viewing a note. Making the behavior controllable by an option/preference flag would be the ideal solution. This way, users who like this feature can have it, and those of us who don't like this behavior can disable it.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, DevanCS said:

still waiting for the fix?

On 5/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, PinkElephant said:

It is not a bug, so why do you expect a „fix“ ?

If you think it is a bug, report it to support.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It never was a bug, and who still believes this is a problem hasn’t checked in settings since a long time, and is ignoring release notes.

Very telling about how „severe“ this has been anyhow.

• Like 1

Yes you are right, there is the option to change the bahaviour of YouTube and Google drive links in both mobile and desktop devices. I was thinking rather more generally when in fact the original post was specifically about YouTube. In the mobile interface you have the option to change the behaviour of urls in general. In the desktop version this option does not exist.

• Like 1
Just now, gazumped said:

@Mike P Sorry - my mind was on YouTube links, not ordinary URLs!  🫢

No problem  - I went off on a tangent first by even mentioning general urls (which i'm sure is a topic of another thread somewhere) when the original question was about YouTube.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, DevanCS said:

still waiting for the fix?

So to be clear here for you @DevanCS: No. Not still waiting on the fix for the specific issue in the start of this thread by @silvershower. That concern has long been solved and this thread should be marked as 'Solved'.

• Like 1