Classic Note Links Are Back!

One of (many) of my gripes with the new version V10 of the Mac app was the loss of the classic note links. These are links you click on when outside of the app that bring you back into the app and open the relevant note. This is a critical part of my workflow, as I often embed Evernote links into things like my Todoist actions.

Well, in V10.2.4 that came out last night, it appears that these "classic" links are back.

On the mac, you right-click on a note in the list view, select Copy Internal Link and then select Copy App Link (i.e., not the Web Link). Voila! Thank God they brought this back....

(Alternatively, you select CMD-OPT-CTRL-C from within the note itself and it copies the App/Classic Link to your clipboard.)

Evernote's management finally did something right with the new app. Now if they would bring back top-list view, email sharing of notes, CMD-J, etc.... I'd be be happy(ier).

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, wbutchart said:

What, there is an update out? Lol Evernote have communicated this well. 

I know, right?!  With all the missing features and bugs, I check the Help>Check For Updates button every day. Yesterday, they released V10.2.4.

1 hour ago, BigBug said:

I know, right?!  With all the missing features and bugs, I check the Help>Check For Updates button every day. Yesterday, they released V10.2.4.

I checked today and nothing was there, the joys of these slow roll outs. Somewhat frustrating that there is no notice of an update with indication of fixes or new features. 

11 minutes ago, wbutchart said:

I checked today and nothing was there, the joys of these slow roll outs. Somewhat frustrating that there is no notice of an update with indication of fixes or new features. 

Seriously? That's ridiculous. Why roll out updates to only some of the users? Do they have a bandwidth problem with handling too many updates at once? Once again, I question the intelligence of the Evernote upper management team.

45 minutes ago, BigBug said:

Seriously? That's ridiculous. Why roll out updates to only some of the users? Do they have a bandwidth problem with handling too many updates at once? Once again, I question the intelligence of the Evernote upper management team.

I don't know if this is what's happening, but other companies do slow roll outs (Chrome I know of in particular) in order to assess whether or not the update had any previously uncaught issues. Better to catch it when only 5% of your user base updated then after 100% updated.

20 hours ago, BigBug said:

I only found out because I had such a serious problem I had to submit a support ticket and their automated reply mentioned the new release. Otherwise I'd have been completely in the dark.

Weirdly, having installed 10.2.4 it morphed back to 10.1.7 again. No idea why. I had to reinstall 10.2.4 to deal with another problem but I'm afraid it's back to legacy for me, for now. Going to give it a month or two before trying the new app again.

• Level 5

@wbutchartActually there was a release notice for Windows and Mac, plus another one for iOS, both as banners here in the forum. The iOS client had a real release note in the App Store as well, for the first time.

Usually AppStore users get an automatic update, direct downloads need to check or use a service that does it for them. I did not notice any delay with downloading.