I'm unable to remove tags from notes. If I've a note open, select the tag at the bottom of the screen and choose 'remove tag' from the drop-down absolutely nothing happens.

Also if I've i note open, click on 'Add Tag' and start typing a list of my tags appears. If I select one of these with keyboard that's fine but if i do it by mouse it doesn't select the tag and just keeps what I've started typing.

I'm observing this as well... Also, I cannot delete or move tags in the tag tree, I found I had to us the web client to do those things.  I was able to remove a tag from a note in the web client, but it is not intuitive.  I had to click the + box like I was going to add a tag to the note and then hit backspace repeatedly until I got to the tag I actually wanted to remove.  It is quite frustrating to have both the desktop client open and the web client open as well to pick up the slack where this new client isn't behaving.

8 hours ago, jcwmoore said:

Also, I cannot delete or move tags in the tag tree

There are several places that you can find a tag tree. Which one do you mean? The tag tree in the sidebar is completely useless compared to the old version. However if you click the tags icon and open the main tags window, I find I can do most of what I need to do using a combination of drag and drop and the three dots menu for each tag.

image.png.9ac0dbccb88714b16b91d43bd3eb4cd6.png

I remove tags in one of two ways. Either I select a tag at the bottom of a note and press delete or I use the pop up menu and delete tag. Alternatively you can use the edit tags menu and either untick them or hit the cross on each tag.

image.png.2e7e9ffe665329f1bcdda7ab6365e3af.png

I've certainly never had to resort to using the web app so if none of these things are working it is clearly s bug.

• Like 1

I didn't realize there were multiple tag trees.  The "tag tree" I'm referring to is the one immediate above the "Need a little help?" link on the left most pane.  In Legacy and the web client you can move/edit tags from that left most pane, the "navigation menu" it's called i think.  I didn't realized you needed to click on "Tags" to get to a tag tree were you could edit tags... 

Also @oldcodgeman2, I found that after a few restarts of the client I was able to remove tags from notes

• Evernote Expert
On 10/29/2020 at 1:07 PM, oldcodgeman2 said:

I'm unable to remove tags from notes. If I've a note open, select the tag at the bottom of the screen and choose 'remove tag' from the drop-down absolutely nothing happens.

Also if I've i note open, click on 'Add Tag' and start typing a list of my tags appears. If I select one of these with keyboard that's fine but if i do it by mouse it doesn't select the tag and just keeps what I've started typing.

I can't reproduce this. Neither with the note open in a window of its own nor in the note pane.

In both instances I can remove a tag by clicking the tag in the bottom left of the window/pane and choosing Remove Tag.

Similarly adding a tag in the bottom left tag dialogue works just fine with the mouse.

So there is something amiss but not universally so.