ERROR when trying to annotate PDFs. “Unable to load this resource. Please refresh the page or try again later.”

Hi,

As described in the title, ever since upgrading to v10 on iOS I have been unable to open PDFs for annotation purposes and instead receive a pop-up message saying:
“Unable to load this resource. Please refresh the page or try again later.” (See attached screenshot.)

I have always used my iPad as my primary Evernote device so that I can annotate important passages of text easily with either a stylus or my finger. Not being able to has affected my whole workflow.

I should note that I can open the PDFs for viewing (although that has its own set of issues such as with the lack of navigation and search). This problem only presents when I try to access the PDF through the new ‘Edit’ button.

PLEASE fix it! Evernote is CRUCIAL to my workflow!

JW

3F4B1F6A-5932-4767-927E-67EA566CEAAF.png

I've done a little more testing. For me, this error seems to occur whenever I try to open an already-annotated PDF for editing in the iOS app after annotating the PDF in the Windows app beforehand. The error does not occur when I annotate in the iOS app and then reopen it for editing in the iOS app.

So, it's like this:

1. Annotate PDF in Windows app, reopen annotated PDF in Windows app = pass
  2. Annotate PDF in iOS app, reopen annotated PDF in iOS app = pass
  3. Annotate PDF in iOS app, open annotated PDF in Windows app = pass
  4. Annotate PDF in Windows app, open annotated PDF in iOS app = FAIL

Please fix it! I'm desperate!

----

iOS Version 10.1 (1107121)

Windows Version 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

• 2 months later...

Same issues but occured on Evernote web here.

Lately the file can be opened on andriod base smartphone. Not capable on the Web version and Windows app version.

Please if someone can provide a solution or bring this issues to the support team. 

Screenshot 2021-01-20 164240.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm insanely frustrated. I paid for a year's subscription only to run into such a disturbing problem because now I cannot annotate my pdfs for uni work. 

I've tried refreshing, deleting the attachment and reattaching it as a edited pdf, deleting the whole note and creating a new one, etc.

Help please :((

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I got this message on my iPad yesterday and it did not want to go away,  Current version.

I decided to nuke the app and reload.  Interesting thing was when I reinstalled all of my data seemed to still be there, there was not a download.  I thought the data also got nuked when you deleted an app?  The app works again.  Weird on a good day.

• Level 5

The existing data should be removed by the uninstall - however if I correctly remember my last uninstall on the iPad (quite a while ago, everything working since then) when I hit the delete option it asked whether to keep or to dump the existing data.

Maybe it decided you want to keep it, and skipped the questioning.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

The existing data should be removed by the uninstall - however if I correctly remember my last uninstall on the iPad (quite a while ago, everything working since then) when I hit the delete option it asked whether to keep or to dump the existing data.

Maybe it decided you want to keep it, and skipped the questioning.

Very intuitive of it.  🤣 

No question re data as I recall, just a hard press and select delete.  All notes appeared to be there immediately after the install, per note count on all notes.  Anyway we'll see how long it stays happy now.