Cant drag and drop files into notebook

1 hour ago, Chris Setlock said:

Arrgh!  I haven't been able to drag and drop files into evernote since the update.  Anyone else having this issue?

I still seem to be able to drag files into an existing note to attach them to that note or onto the note list to create a new note with the attachment.

I have same issue - can't provide screen shot because there's nothing to show.  Nothing happens.  Trying to drag a pdf into an existing subfolder, "My Notes" where "My "is my name.  The update has caused much frustration.  UI seems worse, not better.

I've tried.  Limited to 14 mb file. 

Anyway, I drag a file from windows explorer, an hover over the destination notebook.  The "+copy" tooltip is visible, I release the file, nothing happens.

I have discovered that I can create a new note, then drag files into it, but that is an undesirable additional step. 

5 hours ago, Chris Setlock said:

Anyway, I drag a file from windows explorer, an hover over the destination notebook.  The "+copy" tooltip is visible, I release the file, nothing happens.

I have discovered that I can create a new note, then drag files into it, but that is an undesirable additional step. 

Does it look like this?

image.thumb.png.65db978a02a145d2372653ad60b19889.png

In the screenshot I'm dragging to All Notes in which case the new note will be created in my default notebook. If I start with a notebook and drag the pdf file to the note list the new note is created in that notebook. I've just sucessfully added an 85MB pdf file using this method.

I've always thought that dragging trhe file to the note list is a bit odd but it is the same behaviour as the old version.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:49 AM, Chris Setlock said:

I have the same issue

• 3 weeks later...

This is a major issue for me.  When listening to a video (especially a live video) and taking notes, what I did until the update was take a screenshot of the slide (Shift+Cmd+Click on a Mac), and then grab the little preview that comes up at the bottom right of the screen and drag it directly into the note.  It was almost seamless and inserted it right away into the exact location I dragged it into.  

Now, Evernote 10.4.4 won't allow me to do that.  I now have to (1) wait for the screenshot to go to the file (at least 6 seconds) and then (2) go to the screenshots finder folder and (3) drag the file into the note (approx 3 seconds) and wait for it to add the note (4 seconds) while it disables anything else happening in the note, including typing text .  

While watching and taking notes on a live video (which is a large part of my job), this means if I want to include a screenshot in my notes, I miss at least a full 13 seconds of note-taking time.  That doesn't seem like a lot but it makes it impossible for me to add screenshots while I'm taking notes live.  

I've attached a video explanation, which might be a faster way for you to see what I'm talking about.  

Is there something I'm missing, like a

new way to do this same task?  It will mean a LOT if you can help me find a solution. 

Thanks so much!  -- Annie 

21 minutes ago, BalloonStoryteller said:

new way to do this same task? 

For YouTube videos if you copy the link into a note you can then watch the video within the note which is great for making notes underneath it. Obviously only works for YouTube.

I tend to use GadWin print screen (plenty of other screen capture software would work as well) to take screen shots and I then paste them into a note. The current screen shot capabilities of V10 don't yet fully meet my needs.

• Evernote Expert
16 hours ago, BalloonStoryteller said:

This is a major issue for me.  When listening to a video (especially a live video) and taking notes, what I did until the update was take a screenshot of the slide (Shift+Cmd+Click on a Mac), and then grab the little preview that comes up at the bottom right of the screen and drag it directly into the note.  It was almost seamless and inserted it right away into the exact location I dragged it into. 

This is the Windows forum. You might find other Mac users who can give more insight in the parallel Mac issues forum. I don't think I have ever been able to do what you describe in Windows.

24 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I don't think I have ever been able to do what you describe in Windows.

I agree but there is the closely related ability to copy the screen shot to the clipboard in the Windows legacy version and then you can obviously paste it into a note. It's that functionaility which I am currently using Gadwin for.

• Ex Employees
On 12/6/2020 at 12:24 PM, BalloonStoryteller said:

Now, Evernote 10.4.4 won't allow me to do that.  I now have to (1) wait for the screenshot to go to the file (at least 6 seconds) and then (2) go to the screenshots finder folder and (3) drag the file into the note (approx 3 seconds) and wait for it to add the note (4 seconds) while it disables anything else happening in the note, including typing text .  

While watching and taking notes on a live video (which is a large part of my job), this means if I want to include a screenshot in my notes, I miss at least a full 13 seconds of note-taking time.  That doesn't seem like a lot but it makes it impossible for me to add screenshots while I'm taking notes live.  

I've attached a video explanation, which might be a faster way for you to see what I'm talking about.  

Is there something I'm missing, like a

new way to do this same task?  It will mean a LOT if you can help me find a solution. 

Thanks so much!  -- Annie 

Hello, 

Thank you for this report. We are unbale to replicate this issue on version 10.4. Dragging the screenshot preview into the new on mac OS worked.  Please go to https://evernote.com/download/ to install it. If the issue continues on 10.4 please confirm your OS version. 

thanks, 

On 12/7/2020 at 2:50 AM, agsteele said:

This is the Windows forum. You might find other Mac users who can give more insight in the parallel Mac issues forum. I don't think I have ever been able to do what you describe in Windows.

Wow, seriously?  Sorry about that.  Thanks for letting me know.  I guess I'll have to do a better search and say "evernote for mac."  Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Austin G said:

Hello, 

Thank you for this report. We are unbale to replicate this issue on version 10.4. Dragging the screenshot preview into the new on mac OS worked.  Please go to https://evernote.com/download/ to install it. If the issue continues on 10.4 please confirm your OS version. 

thanks, 

Thanks for your attention to this.  I have MacOS 10.14.6, Mohave.  Does that only work on the newest version of MacOS?  I hesitate to upgrade as my husband had major problems when he did, but if it fixes this problem I might. Can you let me know if this problem will be fixed if I upgrade?  Thanks.  

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, PNG Coops said:

You can now longer directly drag (e.g., a PDF) and drop into All Notes or any other notebook or stack.  EN staff, are you working on this?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. I agree that you can't drag a file directly onto a notebook in either the sidebar or the notebooks window. However, If you drag and drop a file into the note list displaying a notebook EN will create a new note with the file attached in that notebook. If you drag and drop a file into the note list displaying All Notes it will create a note with the file attached in your default notebook. This obviously requires some prior planning to have the correct view open before dragging but does work well.

image.thumb.png.a89685c6c130326b43b7d9903e3d7252.png