Printing problems: no File>Print menu, splits text, doesn't print last lines, default filename

I am on
v 10.1.7 build 1902 public
Editor: v109.0.14125
  • print command is not on the File menu; you have to go to upper 3 dots to drop down a menu that has Print function
  • printing a note splits a line of text across 2 pages, right through the middle of the characters

926249506_ScreenShot2020-10-28at8_40_33AM.thumb.png.93e8d36efd350cca66f2738a6740044e.png

• Evernote eliminated 4 lines that were 1/3 up the page. I.e., it is not just cutting off the last line (see next image; the 4 lines that were eliminated are in red font)
  • If you search for a note and then print it to a PDF, the file name is “Search Results - Evernote copy.pdf” instead of the Note’s title. The default filename should be the note’s title. (see same image)

1016504195_ScreenShot2020-10-28at8_28_23AM.thumb.png.2e19740bbc3411ee036e5a70f70b6792.png

My update does not show print under the three upper dots! Can’t print anything so EN is worthless to me! Help!

i can get to send menu but then no simple print, only a variety of printers, none of which I have. Where is PRINT?

• Thanks 1

A new evernote version is now installed on my Mac, but most of the printing problems remain. Plus, there is another significant problem. When I print to PDF, there are no clickable links of the URLs. They show up as blue and underlined, but they cannot be clicked on to go to the URL from the PDF. This is a MAJOR problem for my use model.

My evernote version:

v 10.2.4 build 1949 public
Editor: v111.0.14414
Service: v1.21.2

The state of the problems fixed in this release:

Problem is still there
  • print command is not on the File menu; you have to go to upper 3 dots to drop down a menu that has Print function
  • printing a note splits a line of text across 2 pages
  • If you search for a note and then print it to a PDF, the file name is “Search Results - Evernote copy.pdf”
  • when you print to PDF, the PDF does not have clickable links
Problem is fixed
  • Evernote eliminated 4 lines that were 1/3 up the page. I.e., it is not just cutting off the last line

I have tried all the suggestions in this thread on my iPad Pro and there isn’t a print function anywhere. I tried sharing with Notepad, and that did not work. When I went toNotepad, nothing was there. I ended up copying the text from EN and pasting it into a new note in Notepad. 

im currently on version 10.1  

I didn’t have this problem with older versions, please fix this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, am having problems with page breaks. I tried to go to Print Preview to see if I could tweak the print settings, but there appears to be no Print Preview. I'm trying to save a pdf of a note containing images, but the images are being split over pages to the point where it's unusable. 

My main questions:

• Why isn't the Print... option under the File menu?
  • Why is the Print Preview gone?

I'm running 10.3.7 in Windows 10.0.18363 Build 18363.

As many others have said, the inability to print or save to pdf correctly seriously limits the usefulness of Evernote.

I guess I'll be using the Legacy app until this is addressed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Evernote,

it's 2021 now and printing still doesn't work (split text, bad page break). Sorry, but this is not the Evernote I paid for. No ambitions to keep customers by fixing a little bug?

• Like 1

I'm on 10.5.7, still have this problem as well.  I'm letting my premium subscription go mostly because of this issue.   Hopefully there is something coming to fix this soon.   

• Like 1

This is still a major problem. I can print using Legacy Evernote 7.14.1 and the formatting is perfect and yet when using the latest build of the all new shiny Evernote 10.5.7 it loses 4 lines of text. TBH this is not what we pay money for. Some basic features should not work outstandingly better than than the latest release. Evernote management need to sit down with their programmers and kick some backsides!

• Like 1