"Print to Evernote" function not working since new update

awc1900

Idea

Since I updated to the latest version of Evernote, I haven't been able to send PDFs or PowerPoints to Evernote.  I used to do this via the "print to Evernote" function but now I get the error message "please install Evernote program" and it doesn't work despite having Evernote installed on my computer. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

If you need this feature, you can install the legacy version of EN, alone or side by side with v10. If you stall side by side, make sure you call one installation other than the other, to be able to keep them apart in menus or else.

This will do for now, it is however not a long term solution. Let‘s hope EN will add this feature in a future release.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If you need this feature, you can install the legacy version of EN, alone or side by side with v10. If you stall side by side, make sure you call one installation other than the other, to be able to keep them apart in menus or else.

This will do for now, it is however not a long term solution. Let‘s hope EN will add this feature in a future release.

Thanks, 

Is there an alternative to this print to evernote feature? Basically I would like to save powerpoint/pdf class notes to my evernote.

6 hours ago, awc1900 said:

Thanks, 

Is there an alternative to this print to evernote feature? Basically I would like to save powerpoint/pdf class notes to my evernote.

I've never used the print to Evernote function so I don't know exactly where you access it from. If I want to save pdfs or powerpoints into EN I simply drag them in. If I drag the file on to the note list it creates a new note with the attachment or if I drag onto an existing note it attaches it to that note. If you want to see the powerpoint inline you could save it as a pdf first. 

If the pdf is online I always use the Evernote webclipper to capture it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1