What's going on with this new desktop client? Anyone know how to restore global shortcuts?

bondybondbond

Idea

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to restore the global shortcuts in the new desktop EN client for W10?

More specifcally, the "new note" function (Ctrl+Alt+N) was essentially 99% for EN value me, so I can quickly take quick notes when in a call or whatnot - tag and store for later.

Such a detour to open the client, click the right button in top left corner etc.

Might have to look for alternatives unfortunately.. Was good whilst it lasted, i cant believe its gone. :(

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

On 10/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, bondybondbond said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to restore the global shortcuts in the new desktop EN client for W10?

More specifcally, the "new note" function (Ctrl+Alt+N) was essentially 99% for EN value me, so I can quickly take quick notes when in a call or whatnot - tag and store for later.

Such a detour to open the client, click the right button in top left corner etc.

Might have to look for alternatives unfortunately.. Was good whilst it lasted, i cant believe its gone. :(

Ctrl+Alt+N works fine on my Windows 10 PC. Try after installing EN Legacy Version (6.25). It sync with EN new version. I also use Win+N to open a new OneNote 

• Like 1

Thanks for the proposals guys.

Yet I think my journey with evernote has been completed. Took me quite a bit of time to even start EN 10.17 this morning. The shortcuts doesnt work on that.

Will migrate to this other software "Recollectr" - which is a very lightweight client, global shortcuts work immediate (new note), and some smart features as automatic closing of quotation marks or parenthesis when you write.

8 hours ago, dicaetano said:

In legacy version I used Win + Shift + F every day, to focus in Evernote search box :((

It's now alt-ctrl-F but doesn't work if you are editing a note only if the focus is on the notelist.