I miss font colors

Hannah Lynn

Idea

14 replies to this idea

The lack of custom color options (like previous versions) has totally stifled my workflow... I use the colours to identify categories of tasks, my old colours are still there on my old notes, but no longer exist as options to select from the color wheel and add as extra colours. It has made my workflow much less efficient, clunky, and error-prone. It was way better before!  PLEASE EVERNOTE BRING BACK THE CUSTOM COLORS!!!!!!!!!! 

There are a few options for font colors. If a note is in its own window, you should see a colored wheel at the top that you can click on. (It kind of looks like an eyeball.) There used to be a bunch of other colors, too! I'm hoping they'll bring them back.

My new Notes don't have the color wheel! Any idea how you can access the colors? If it's an old note that I already had with font colors in it then the wheel appears. It is not under the "More" button either?

I really miss the font colors!!! Please bring them back Evernote. 

My cumbersome work around, if you have old notes with the previously available colors:

I have been cutting and pasting words in the old colors from my previous notes into my new notes and then I can use that color my modifying the pasted text. Definitely not efficient but better than not being able to have the colors I really need for my notes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are 14 colors (if counting the greys as colors), and AFAIK that is it.

EN made a decision to limit the formatting options, and roll out the same formatting powers to all clients. Unifying the user experience was prioritized over having a few clients with a lot of options, and other lagging behind. 

Personally I doubt that this will be reversed. The new editor was developed to be more focused than the multiple ones we had before. This is a strategic decision now rooted into the clients, and probably there to stay.

In the forum we discuss user to user. If you want to send your message to EN, use the feedback option or issue a support ticket.

• Like 1

Rileydog, I'm with you. And I use the same cumbersome workaround myself!

PinkElephant, I don't really understand how taking away the spectrum of colors unifies the user experience. Wouldn't it benefit everyone to have all the colors back? Thanks for the tip on using the feedback option/support ticket. I will do that!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Less options, less code, simpler app. This makes the app easier to maintain for sure.

Whether all users are happy with reduced features is another issue. Personally I have no problem with this reduced color set (they have listened to another request and now support several highlighter colors) - I have other issues that I would like to get. But probably it is hard to match 100% with 200mio users.