Ability to set Default Font

Juan Chica

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert
19 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

We can assume this option will come with the "Preferences" option that is to be added later on.

WE can presume but I'm not sure that we can be confident ;) I hope you are correct...

It seems they've taken away a feature in the new version (v.10.3.7 on MacOS). This wasn't clear in the release notes when I chose to update. Earlier I could chose which font exactly I wanted to use (for eg. Helvetica Neue, Verdana, etc.). Now I'm limited to options like Sans Serif and Serif. This is an issue because I have dozens of existing notes on a topic that all use Helvetica Neue. Any new text I paste in to these existing notes can no longer be modified to use Helvetica Neue to maintain the uniformity.

What's ironical is that the editor they provide to make this post on the discussions page offers better font/text customisation (including choosing fonts) than the Evernote app itself.

The removal of this feature seems regressive to me. I sincerely hope the developers are listening!

P.S.: It seems they've also removed the ability to Justify text alignment. I'd really love to hear the developers rationale for removing these formatting features!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Juan Chica said:

I am trying to change the default font, but I have not been able to.

From what I can tell, you can change the "default" font within a note with the "UPDATE" option as seen below. So within the same note, everything will match that. However, I tested it out to see if the next note I created after that will use that font, it did not. 

We can assume this option will come with the "Preferences" option that is to be added later on. 

image.png.dd657507946b7a65a8b98689c6f7631c.png

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, agsteele said:

WE can presume but I'm not sure that we can be confident ;) I hope you are correct...

I don't think we can be confident about anything right now wince we are not really hearing solid roadmaps or explanations from the developer team, thus all we can do is assume at this time unfortunately.

• Like 1
On 10/27/2020 at 8:33 PM, TK0047 said:

you can change the "default" font within a note with the "UPDATE" option as seen below. So within the same note, everything will match that.

But the problem with it is it removes all the formatting you have already made in note text like Font color, bold, italic etc. except highlight.

What it should do is to just change the font family.