Can't view note contents in version10

8 hours ago, fifer1943 said:

I found today that after restarting my computer, all my notes showed up correctly. Give it a try to see if it works for you.

Thanks for that - problem solved. In all the years I've used Evernote, I've never needed a restart before to enable basic functions. Now I can also close the browser tabs where I was looking at alternative products.

4 minutes ago, davefaulkner said:

Now I can also close the browser tabs where I was looking at alternative products.

Once you actually start using it you may find you need to open those browser tabs again!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, davefaulkner said:

Oh dear, what problems have you had?

To start with bugs and the lack of functionality. They are all fixable but whether the app should ever have been released in this state is another point. The main issue is that it is so slow. Things that are instantaneous in the old version take several seconds in the new. It's bad enough for one note but if you do anything on a list of notes (like merge them or add a tag) it takes for ever. Add to this a delay between making a change and that change being searchable - really important for my tag useage.

You can make up your own mind of course!

30 minutes ago, markwtrimble said:

This is a recurring problem for me.  My note content is not visible until after I do a restart.  Then at some point later, the note content is not visible and an additional restart is necessary. 

Seems insane to me that a restart was not signposted at the end of the upgrade. 

3 hours ago, markwtrimble said:

This is a recurring problem for me.  My note content is not visible until after I do a restart.  Then at some point later, the note content is not visible and an additional restart is necessary. 

Mine works fine on my Android phone still but having the same issue on my Desktop as everyone else here... Very annoying...
Was absolutely no issue before the last update...

Mine do NOT return after a restart.  

I can read all of my notes on the legacy version, the web version and the Android version. 

Boy am I glad that I'm paying for premium!

They don't have chat and they don't respond to emails (2).

Paying member since April 2nd, 2011.  MS Outlook hold the phone!  It looks like I might be there soon.

23 hours ago, DalePlatt said:

Mine works fine on my Android phone still but having the same issue on my Desktop as everyone else here... Very annoying...
Was absolutely no issue before the last update...

As a heads up thing, I tried the restart my PC trick and it worked... Yay!

Then later on I reopened Evernote to do something or check something and guess what?

It went back to doing the same thing as before...

I saw a thread about a Legacy version I might look into...
I looked at other Apps/Programs but none of them said anything about allowing me to import anything from Evernote and I really don't want to redo all the work... :(

2 hours ago, DalePlatt said:

As a heads up thing, I tried the restart my PC trick and it worked... Yay!

Then later on I reopened Evernote to do something or check something and guess what?

It went back to doing the same thing as before...

I saw a thread about a Legacy version I might look into...
I looked at other Apps/Programs but none of them said anything about allowing me to import anything from Evernote and I really don't want to redo all the work... :(

One Note for Windows 10 does have an importer for Evernote notes, but some work has to be done after importing.

I got an email that they put out a new version.  I could not update from within Evernote - I got a blank window like the blank note view.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the updated version and it worked!

Other users have reported this issue....

"I can't access the note content of my notes in the new version. The notes are there, reminders, notebooks etc, but when I click to open a note i am presented with a blank note,"

I am repeatedly having the same issue on my Windows 10 PC. 

This and other issues make me wonder if I will continue to use your product in the future.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, rosingm said:

Yeah, well I removed and reinstalled the new evernote version and it worked - for about a week.

Now it's not showing my notes again in the download and the Microsoft store version.

Thanks for nothing, Evernote!

I've had the fault recur, too. Honestly don't know where to go next.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, davefaulkner said:

Honestly don't know where to go next.

Is there a reason for you using the Version 10 product; it's still a work-in-progress
I'm still using the Legacy product

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Is there a reason for you using the Version 10 product; it's still a work-in-progress
I'm still using the Legacy product

I use Evernote on my PC and iPhone and have never had problems syncing between them or displaying notes before. When I had the email from Evernote about the brand new version there was nothing to make me think the Win10 version was only a work in progress: it was presented as a new, shiny, all-singing, all-dancing version. I've been using Evernote for years and have never until now regretted my choice.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem as everyone here on Windows. Given that this thread has been running for over a month, In wondered if it had been fixed and I missed an update. So I went to Help->Check for updates. Guess what? Blank box

Closing Evernote and reopening did not work. Closing and ending the Evernote task in the Task Manager and then reopening did, at least temporarily.

• 3 weeks later...

I am the original poster in this thread. I bought a new computer recently and installed Evernote 11 and I can say that in two weeks of use, I have had no issues with the new version.  On my Windows 10 laptop, all seems to be good also.

5 minutes ago, fifer1943 said:

I am the original poster in this thread. I bought a new computer recently and installed Evernote 11 and I can say that in two weeks of use, I have had no issues with the new version.  On my Windows 10 laptop, all seems to be good also.

Thanks for the update. Have you actually installed version 11, or did you mean a fresh install of Evernote 10?

1 hour ago, Bonesvoll said:

Thanks for the update. Have you actually installed version 11, or did you mean a fresh install of Evernote 10?

Sorry, I meant a new install of version 10 - latest and up to date. Don't know where I got 11 from!