All of my notes from August 11. and onward have been deleted

I opened my evernote today, when I saw that Evernote updated without me knowing about it and all of my school notes from then on were deleted, including an extremely important piece of homework that is VERY important (it's an english HL essay for IB), I have tried a lot of things, it was not backed up for some reason. And no I did not log in by gmail like the help form said might happen. I am very worried because I was meant to hand in my first draft this upcoming thursday which is in 3 days. any help is much appreciated

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're using the desktop version,  try the web client.  If you're using web, try desktop.  When Evernote updates there's a period where it has to rebuild the database,  so you might just have had a temporary glitch.  If it's still a problem,  please confirm which version of Evernote you're currently using...

• Ex Employees

@Mat A door @Kirkekulturgs

Thank you for these reports. It could be that the legacy app stopped syncing on those dates. The notes should still be saved in your legacy app database. Please try reinstalling it and logging in to verify that. 

You can reinstall the legacy version of Evernote from here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/360052560314

If the notes are visible in the legacy app you can export them from the legacy and import them into the new app to sync them, or DM me you activity logs here to troubleshoot the sync errors with the legacy app.

Please let me know if the missing notes do not appear in the legacy Evernote for Windows Desktop app. Thanks!

I installed the legacy version and all my notes are not there?  Please can someone help me?  They are every note that I have created and using since the conception of my user id.  I started using Evernote 2011 and quite literally my favorite app.  No other app compares, but I am so upset because all my notes and notebooks are gone.  I am so disappointed.

• Level 5*
On 10/29/2020 at 8:07 PM, Bobbie Proskine said:

I installed the legacy version and all my notes are not there?  Please can someone help me?  They are every note that I have created and using since the conception of my user id.  I started using Evernote 2011 and quite literally my favorite app.  No other app compares, but I am so upset because all my notes and notebooks are gone.  I am so disappointed.

Hi.  Have you signed into Evernote.com via a browser to check your notes?