Highlighting lost from clipped content

1 hour ago, EBos said:

When I converted to the new version all the highlighting I had in clipped web pages disappeared.  

That doesn't surprise me. I assume your clips are now in boxes which say html or webclip.  I generally like the new html box for web clips because I find that it messes up the formatting less than the old system did. However the big downside is that you cannot edit the text at all including adding highlights. I would have thought that clips highlighted in the old version would be safe so I agree with @Dave-in-Decatur it might be worth contacting support.

• Level 5
Just now, Mike P said:

That doesn't surprise me. I assume your clips are now in boxes which say html or webclip.  I generally like the new html box for web clips because I find that it messes up the formatting less than the old system did. However the big downside is that you cannot edit the text at all including adding highlights. I would have thought that clips highlighted in the old version would be safe so I agree with @Dave-in-Decatur it might be worth contacting support.

But is it possible to click the gray bar at the top of the HTML box to get the "make editable" magic wand? Or doesn't that work for material that originated in a Web clip?

4 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

But is it possible to click the gray bar at the top of the HTML box to get the "make editable" magic wand? Or doesn't that work for material that originated in a Web clip?

Yes you can do that. You can then highlight your simplified, editable text. That's certainly an option if the the magic wand process doesn't mess up the formatting which sometimes it does. Some people have also said they like to highlight something that looks as close as possible to the original webpage.

• Thanks 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to Highlighting lost from clipped content