Please make the Windows 10.x version with windows UI

kg12

Idea

This is not a feature request per say.  This is request to get back to a Windows UI that was present in previous releases.

Every windows program is based on both menus and buttons.  Use Microsoft office as a bible on Windows UI.  They spend more time, money, and studies on this than anyone else!

Things you cannot do with Win 10.x version of Evernote

- How do I get buttons or ribbon of buttons?

- How to I force a sync?  Save something form the Web and want to edit on the desktop - not there!  How do I get it there fast?

- Make basic functions easily available (like on older windows version or on the Web interface).  Use Delete Key - no?  Have to go Edit->Delete?  Does anyone use this before releasing?

- How do I remap shortcut keys? 

- Reasonable search capability?  With users having thousands of notes and information search is critical.  No one will use Ever note to take a few notes for themselves - text editor does better job at this.

+ Search on title only

+ Search with wildcards

+ Search with regular expressions

+ Search for containing words and also not containing words on any or all fields

+ ... search on  any specific field - Title, body, Tag, Notebook name, modified date range, first saved date range,  ...

How do I downgrade to the old windows version.  The new version is not useful as it stands.

Thanks.

3 replies to this idea

11 hours ago, kg12 said:

Use Delete Key - no?  Have to go Edit->Delete? 

The new shortcut is ctrl-backspace. Not nearly as convenient as Del but an alternative to edit -> delete or right click move to trash

11 hours ago, kg12 said:

- Reasonable search capability?  With users having thousands of notes and information search is critical.  No one will use Ever note to take a few notes for themselves - text editor does better job at this.

+ Search on title only

+ Search with wildcards

+ Search with regular expressions

+ Search for containing words and also not containing words on any or all fields

+ ... search on  any specific field - Title, body, Tag, Notebook name, modified date range, first saved date range,  ...

Some of these things are already available through the advanced search syntax. That hasn't changed at all with the new version. see https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-How-to-use-Evernote-s-advanced-search-syntax Date ranges are now very easy to filter on in the new version while they required the search syntax on the old version.

Proper Boolean search would be great to add to your list of things you can't currently do in search like regex.

I also wished it felt and acted like a proper Windows program. I worry thet the speed will never be acceptable.

Shortcuts are currently a mess but presumably a fairly easily fixable mess.

• Thanks 1