The legacy version for windows doesn't synchronize since the last hours. This is an urgent problem for me. My iOS app was updated yesterday.

I don’t know if it’s a Legacy software problem or an iOS app one. 

Please, fix it or help me solving this.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, pepemacias said:

The legacy version for windows doesn't synchronize since the last hours. This is an urgent problem for me. My iOS app was updated yesterday.

I don’t know if it’s a Legacy software problem or an iOS app one. 

Please, fix it or help me solving this.

Hi.  I'd imagine that Evernote's servers are very busy at the moment with hundreds of thousands of updates and syncs more than normal.  My 6.25 syncs have been delayed a couple of times,  but I'm up to date now.  Just check that you have a good internet connection and aren't running any other software that is claiming a lot of bandwidth.

hace 15 minutos, gazumped dijo:

Hi.  I'd imagine that Evernote's servers are very busy at the moment with hundreds of thousands of updates and syncs more than normal.  My 6.25 syncs have been delayed a couple of times,  but I'm up to date now.  Just check that you have a good internet connection and aren't running any other software that is claiming a lot of bandwidth.

Could this be the cause of the problem?

hace 3 horas, pepemacias dijo:

Dead note problem here too. 

Yesterday I created a new note in my iphone app. But the note didn’t allow editing. Since then, this note can’t be deleted. When I send it to the trash, it appears again in my inbox notebook. 

I’ve restored the phone and reinstalling the app, but the note is still there. 

This note is synchronized and appears in the V10 desktop software for Windows too. 

See attached screenshots from iOS app.

F4427AC7-DC62-4E8B-B769-5EF1AAAE9D89.jpeg 7A6281B3-D523-4607-A26E-B92757500ECD.jpeg

The non-eliminable note was created yesterday, a few hours before the problem with synchronisation started.

I've read that sometimes a note can cause sync problems. I've emptied the trash and sync is still not working, but that note in my inbox may be the problem. I hope.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  If that note made it through to your desktop,  maybe... but if it's 'stuck' in iOS and hasn't synced to the server....  it seems unlikely,  but I don't know.  I hope you get some suggestions as to how to resolve that issue quickly and then you'll find out.  Sorry but I'm not an iOS user so no expertise here.

• Like 1

I managed to remove the corrupted note from my INBOX folder. What I did was to change my default folder to another one, and delete the INBOX folder with the crash note inside.

Now, there is no sign of this note in my v10 iOS app, my v10 Windows software and my Evernote web account. But this devil note is now in the trash folder of my Legacy Windows software.

I'm almost sure that this corrupted note is the cause of my non-sync problem with my Legacy version.

My GTD is a chaos without the old desktop version. I've spent many hours today trying to solve this to be able to use the Legacy, without success. I'm afraid it will never be solved.

On 27/10/2020 at 13:20, Brad Niedert dijo:

Same issue here.  Following.

I've solved it.

Try to uninstall the Legacy software with a full removing of registers using Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner. Then install again the Legacy and it should sync without the corrupt note.

It worked for me.

I have had the same problem for hours.

Evernote has clearly really messed things up with the premature launch of its new infrastructure and new Windows app. What's really worrying is that it doesn't seem to be learning from past mistakes (launching products with too many bugs).

I had horrible problems with the new Evernote app for Windows so I reinstalled the Legacy version. Now even that is not working properly. In fact, I have the horrible suspicion that the sync problem may have been caused by the new app, which was failing regularly to sync properly and I was losing a lot of recent edits and additions (plus a whole host of other problems I won't go into here). From the exchange above, it occured to me that the failed sync process may have produced a corrputed note. I have tried to locate and delete corrupt notes, although there is one that I keep deleting and it reappears (in the new app - Legacy just stopped syncing).

Unable to use even the legacy app (now uninstalled to see if a reinstall works), Evernote has finally reduced to me to tears. The first time an IT problem (and I've had a lot) has upset me so much in at least a decade.

Evernote has been a major productivity tool for me - its useful features have just about offset increases in subscription prices and the reduction of paid-for functions for me over recent years - but I think it's time to plan the migration to a more functional set up.

13 hours ago, pepemacias said:

I've solved it.

Try to uninstall the Legacy software with a full removing of registers using Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner. Then install again the Legacy and it should sync without the corrupt note.

It worked for me.

This DIDN'T work for me - but I think it should work if the problem originated in the legacy app and not elsewhere.

As mentioned above, a corrupt note appears to have caused the legacy app to stop syncing. Multiple attempts to delete the note failed - in all apps on all devices and in Evernote web. I had in fact created the note in the NEW app, which has caused me endless problems because its constant sync doesn't play well with an intermittent internet connection. One of the failed syncs resulted in a note I was working on returning to its blank, untitled state but I couldn't edit or delete it.

After a lengthy process of uninstalling and reinstalling apps, this is what proved to be the solution - for me at least - to get rid of the faulty note and get the legacy app syncing again:

1. I closed the web browser so that the latest update would be in the app where the corrupt note was created in the first place.

2. I disconnected from wifi/internet

3. Being offline allowed me - finally - to send the note to the trash, from where I was able to delete it completely.

4. I turned the internet connection back on to allow the app to sync (V10, not legacy, as that was where the corrupt note was created).

5. I returned to the legacy app and it is now syncing again.

• Thanks 1
hace 6 horas, katetica dijo:

This DIDN'T work for me - but I think it should work if the problem originated in the legacy app and not elsewhere.

As mentioned above, a corrupt note appears to have caused the legacy app to stop syncing. Multiple attempts to delete the note failed - in all apps on all devices and in Evernote web. I had in fact created the note in the NEW app, which has caused me endless problems because its constant sync doesn't play well with an intermittent internet connection. One of the failed syncs resulted in a note I was working on returning to its blank, untitled state but I couldn't edit or delete it.

After a lengthy process of uninstalling and reinstalling apps, this is what proved to be the solution - for me at least - to get rid of the faulty note and get the legacy app syncing again:

1. I closed the web browser so that the latest update would be in the app where the corrupt note was created in the first place.

3. Being offline allowed me - finally - to send the note to the trash, from where I was able to delete it completely.

4. I turned the internet connection back on to allow the app to sync (V10, not legacy, as that was where the corrupt note was created).

I'm glad you solved it. It was a chaotic few days for me until I got the Legacy working.

In my case, the corrupted note was created in my iOS app for iPhone. And I was able to delete it from my INBOX folder, changing the default folder and deleting the INBOX folder where the note was. After that, the note had disappeared from the v10 apps, but it appeared in the trash of the Legacy version. So a completely uninstall worked for me.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 6:22 AM, katetica said:

I had a corrupted note created on iOS. This was the solution for me:

1) Delete note from Evernote Web.

2) Permanently delete note from Trash on Evernote Web.

3) Airplane mode on iOS

4) Delete note from iOS

5) Empty trash on iOS

6) Reconnect and sync on iOS.

• Thanks 1