Temporary Issue: Sign in with Apple (Unable to sign in, Sync/Loading Issues, Missing Notes)

• Level 5

Hi All,

We’ve seen a small number of users reporting various issues with Evernote that we believe may be related to an issue that is affecting users that were signed-in via Sign in with Apple

If you have experienced any of the following issues, and were Signed in with Apple, please post on this thread.

• Notes/Notebooks are not showing
  • Evernote is slow to load
  • Notes appear to be lost/missing
  • Unable to log-in using the Web app
  • Unable to log-in using Apple ID
  • Issues with syncing notes
  • New edits/changes to notes are not saving

If you are experiencing other issues, and you used Sign in with Apple, please share here as well.

While we are working to address this Sign in with Apple issue, you can still access your Evernote Account by following the steps in this article:
https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/360058137073

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions!

• Like 1

Shane,
Ten users NOT signing in with Apple, but this describes issues we've been having today, since updating to 10.1 yesterday afternoon.
We are actively downgrading back to Legacy, and hope to see all this resolved soon.

• Level 5

@johnyone No, it is not. The Touch or Face ID only liberates the user/password combination from the Apple Keychain where it is stored.

It can still be a normal user, or a login via Apple. If the login is older than appr. 1 year, it is probably by user, because sign in by Apple is a pretty new feature. If it was created within of the last year, it can be both.

• Level 5
2 minutes ago, Henning_Andreassen said:

Hi. I sign in on my Ios app using username, password and code by SMS. All notes are ok, but can not see the notebooks. Tries to move a note, but the list of notebooks is empty. Evernote on my mac is ok. 

1st let it do all the syncing necessary

2nd do your notebook names contain dots „.“ ?
It is a known issue that with v10 notebooks and stacks that contain a dot in the name do not show.

5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It is a known issue that with v10 notebooks and stacks that contain a dot in the name do not show.

Thank you for your reply. All sync is done, and no dots in the notebook names. This is just a glitch I hope they will be able to fix soon. 

I have been having big problems with Evernote since update

I have Evernote (EN) on an iPad and iphone

EN is Operating slowly

iphone and iPad not syncing

edits made to notes disappear.

sorting not working.  Edited notes do not go to top of list.

I sign in into iPhone with fingertip or 6 digit number. I sign In to iPad with 4 digit number. I do not separately sign into EN after signing in to iPad or iPhone.

EN is unusable since new version updated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hey team,

I operate on Windows. Never had an issue before today. Turned on the laptop today, opened Evernote and it wanted me to create an account. Wouldn't let me login. Have created the account. Now all my 12 months worth of notes have disappeared. Tried several times to find where they might have gone. Rather devestated that the whole system has seemingly trashed my years worth of work.

Using IOS 13.7 Upgraded to 10.0.4 and I can’t get past the Welcome-here’s- our-fab-new-app sequence. Although it shows all the new feature promo shots, the grey page dots at the bottom don’t go dark when you scroll left or right. The > at bottom right of the screen (to move to the next shot) doesn’t work either. 

14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Hi again. I reinstalled Evernote on my Iphone and the notebooks are back. I am now able to move notes between notebooks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Henning_Andreassen said:

Hi again. I reinstalled Evernote on my Iphone and the notebooks are back. I am now able to move notes between notebooks. 

the links work on phone & iPad, surprisingly not on the Mac.  no dots in notebook names.  

Help!! After the app was updated on my iPhone earlier this week, none of my notes will load. I don’t have access to any of them. And when I try to edit them on the web app, they revert back to older versions of the notes that are months old, and create duplicate versions (that I also can’t access). 

Faced a lot of problems after upgrading to v10.1.7. Some of my pictures in my notes are missing. Takes too long to sync when i drop pictures into the notes. I cant work on Evernote anymore. Extremely annoyed.. The pictures from my notes are missing when i open the notes using my android phone as well. I hope they can still be retrived. please help to rectify the problem or I'll have to switch over to a different system.

I’m not sure what EN uses to sign me in, I predominantly use Apple IPad Pro, IPhone, and sometimes Windows on my desktop. 

Edits to notes are disappearing, I’ll edit a note, scroll and edit some more, go back to the original edit, and it’s gone, rinse and repeat, and it’s gone again! Extremely frustrating! Nothing sticks, just plain editing, formatting of text editing, nothing sticks. 

I go to my desktop to check note history to try to correct, there is no history of my edits. 

On another subject, when I go to my account, it asks me to upgrade from basic, I am a premium member, have been for years, just renewed in August, but it lists me as basic. 

This all began occurring after your BIG update a day or so ago. 

EN on iPhone and iPad, Notebooks do not appear; under each Stack are all the notes in that stack and sorting doesn't work; they show up oldest first.

Also: EN on Mac does not offer Export All option. I want to do a manual backup because I fear another upgrade that will make my Mac data similar to IOS

I am having problems in the evernote app on my MacBook since updating. I sign in with email, not Apple ID. I've lost many of my shared permissions (says Permissions lost). When I initially click on a notebook I didn't create, it now presents with zero notes, then disappears, then says "Note no longer exists" then it either repopulates and shows up or says Permissions lost AND "Notebook note found".  

My business associate says all permissions are still there on her end. She invited me to a notebook I already had access to again and I never received the invite in work chat, even though she sees that it sent.  The name of that notebook has now disappeared entirely from my list of notebooks but there is a blank row where it was. 

This is a nightmare. Is there a way to reverse this update? I haven't seen others report on problems with sharing notebooks. Is anyone else having this happen? 

Evernote, are you listening? Your paid users are having serious problems and have received no responses!

Hi everybody, I sign in using Apple ID, friday night (European time) I was unable to access from win10, instead through the iphone app I was logged but notes were blank or not synchronized.
This evening everything has been working perfectly until now...now on win10 some notes are blank, some notebooks aren't updated, the web clipper doesn't seem to work right it just keeps loading after I press "save"

Thanks

Edit: a quick turnaround - I just keep logging-out e logging-in everytime the issue occurs and it works for a brief time

It seems the problem on my iPhone has been solved by deleting EN and then going to the App Store and reinstalling it. The scary message about deleting all my data unless it’s on iCloud (EN uses Google cloud) wasn’t relevant. EN is now working well on both Mac and iphone 

• Like 2

SImilar issues, but with a Google sign in on IOS and Windows. Notes syncing starts but is not successful since +- 10 AM CET, 25/Oct.

Also since last "upgrade" functional issues:

1) Sync of password protected web pages has partial results, content is as if I was not logged in.

2) Note title of section clips is not filled in any more.

3) Full web page clip includes large nearly empty section (just a few sharing icons) in the beginning after a red + sign

I hope indeed this 'upgrade' is backed out..

I upgraded the iPad to the latest version 10.0.4 on Friday and now it will not update any files. A bar, presumably a progress bar but it could be labeled for clarity, under the note or inside the note if open, seems to suggest it is trying to upload the change but never completes. Never ever. Updates work fine on the prior version that is on my iPhone so thank goodness I didn’t update all devices. It doesn’t matter if WiFi or cellular data. Same behavior. Must be multiple issues behind this problem thread as it doesn’t seem to be an Apple sign on item in general. Perhaps it is for the latest version in the App Store. 

Also, keyword search in the new version is not limiting to the current notebook. With dozens of notebooks this makes my searches very inefficient and I am having trouble finding things now. It is an interesting option if I didn’t know the notebook it would be in but a very poor decision to make the default in the new version. Please reverse that and make it optional. 

Thanks, Chris 

I am having major issues as well. Signed in via the app using a google account from what I can tell.

Notes not syncing. Not updating. Not saving. Evernote essentially failing at it’s core function.

The new app does look good with heaps more functionality. Pity you can’t save any of your work.

7 minutes ago, ShawnBaek said:

I'm not using Sign-In with Apple

But I lost all my notebook. (note is exist but my notebook list has gone.)

I'm really really frustrated with Evernote.

Hi. I understand your frustration. I had the same problem with Evernote on my Iphone. I deleted the app and installed it again. All works fine now. Good luck 😀

• Like 1

Mac user - after updating to v 10.1.7 app version it won't login either with account login or Google.  Just sits there with the three dots moving endlessly.  Can login from Mobile or web browser.  

Is there a way I can downgrade to an older version until this is fixed?

3BB99D74-046C-484B-A4E4-BB49E2BD47FA.png.aadec4b833b6472d75f23890dbb2cee3.png

• Like 2

I'm having the same issue. Deleted and reinstalled - no change. 

3 hours ago, jaybird71 said:

Mac user - after updating to v 10.1.7 app version it won't login either with account login or Google.  Just sits there with the three dots moving endlessly.  Can login from Mobile or web browser.  

Is there a way I can downgrade to an older version until this is fixed?

3BB99D74-046C-484B-A4E4-BB49E2BD47FA.png.aadec4b833b6472d75f23890dbb2cee3.png

• Like 1
On 10/23/2020 at 8:31 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

We’ve seen a small number of users reporting various issues with Evernote that we believe may be related to an issue that is affecting users that were signed-in via Sign in with Apple

If you have experienced any of the following issues, and were Signed in with Apple, please post on this thread.

• Notes/Notebooks are not showing
  • Evernote is slow to load
  • Unable to log-in using the Web app
  • Unable to log-in using Apple ID

If you are experiencing other issues, and you used Sign in with Apple, please share here as well.

While we are working to address this Sign in with Apple issue, you can still access your Evernote Account by following the steps in this article:
https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/360058137073

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions!

Hi Shane. There are many tickets from loyal, long time Evernote users telling about serious problems leaving Evernote useless for them. The guys posting here care about Evernote. I would suggest Evernote start communicating about the bugs and what you are doing (almost hour to hour) to fix this. Add some pictures from the Evernote war-rooms were techs are working to fix this. Evernote is more then an app - it is all our vital information, tasks and plans organised. Trust is a key issue here. The new update is great! We now have to fix the stability issues so people can start trusting the system again.

• Like 1

Hi Shane.

Unless I am missing something, i have to say Evernote’s communication  on this issue has been very poor.  Why no communications over the weekend? Was there really no communication from you on this yesterday?! 

My content is lost.  I am a paid member.  But inspite of sending multiple emails, I don't get a response. It is more than a week. Is there a phone number I can reach the support. This is very very urgent. 

• Sad 1

I have three of the issues since installing Evernote 10.2.4 today:

In my case I'm not signing in with Apple but with my Evernote login. So maybe these problems are not only connected to the Apple login.

The problems in detail:

Ever note that I created today in Evernote 10.2.4 on MacOS 10.15.7 is gone once I close and reopen the app. Nothing gets saved or synced to my other devices or the web app and it can't be found in trash. It looks as if the notes never existed. Complete data loss.

The notes that I create on iOS show up on the Mac though. If I change them on the Mac, the changes are not saved or synced. It seems only the Mac app is broken in my case. Yesterday it still worked. It only had some sync issues lately where the iOS version warned my about sync conflicts and I had some alternative versions of notes. Since today's update the ability to keep a note is gone.

Some additional info regarding my previous post:

Evernote support sent me a direct link to download the latest version for MacOS: 

V. 10.2.4 Build 1949 public
Editor: V 111.0.14414
Service: V 1.21.2

This version works. No loss of all notes once you close and reopen the app. It even can sync with iOS now. To confirm the different behavior, I once again reinstalled the latest MacOS version from the App Store:

V. 10.2.4 Build 458360 public

Complete loss of all notes again. One more time I reinstalled Build 1949 from the support email download link. Everything works. So the App Store version (Build 458360) seems to be broken. Build 1949 is behaving fine so far.

I was not signed in with my Apple ID on my MacBook and after the update I can't access my notes.  Get error saying to try reloading page.  I was able to go in to my account and attach my Apple ID to my account, but it won't let me sign out of my account.  I have restarted my my computer a couple of times and it doesn't help.  I can access everything on my iPad. What's going on????

On 10/26/2020 at 11:50 PM, Henning_Andreassen said:

Hi Shane. There are many tickets from loyal, long time Evernote users telling about serious problems leaving Evernote useless for them. The guys posting here care about Evernote. I would suggest Evernote start communicating about the bugs and what you are doing (almost hour to hour) to fix this. Add some pictures from the Evernote war-rooms were techs are working to fix this. Evernote is more then an app - it is all our vital information, tasks and plans organised. Trust is a key issue here. The new update is great! We now have to fix the stability issues so people can start trusting the system again.

Since Friday the 30th my Evernote is basically useless to me. New notes disappear, updates to notes are gone and my support e-mail says they will respond in 10-12 DAYS! This is crazy - I've been a paying premium customer for years! This "new" version has been a royal mess- basically a massive step backwards for me. Less functionality in the editor, slow loading and and.  What is the solution??? 

On 10/29/2020 at 9:47 PM, fenb said:

Some additional info regarding my previous post:

Evernote support sent me a direct link to download the latest version for MacOS: 

V. 10.2.4 Build 1949 public

This version works. No loss of all notes once you close and reopen the app. It even can sync with iOS now. To confirm the different behavior, I once again reinstalled the latest MacOS version from the App Store:

V. 10.2.4 Build 458360 public

Complete loss of all notes again. One more time I reinstalled Build 1949 from the support email download link. Everything works. So the App Store version (Build 458360) seems to be broken. Build 1949 is behaving fine so far.

Hi - can you share this link please as I have Exactly the same problem and right now the EV MacOS app is useless to me!

On 11/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, Andre Joubert said:

Hi - can you share this link please as I have Exactly the same problem and right now the EV MacOS app is useless to me!

https://evernote.com/intl/de/download

This was the download link I received from support. Please be aware that this is a link to the German version of Evernote (the /de in the link). Maybe you can find a version in your native language by modifying the download link. Good luck. I hope this version can solve your problems!

I’m logged in with “sign in with Apple” on both iPhone and iPad.

it’s randomly logging me out, at least once a day (usually more)  and I Have to login again. When this happens, all the notes I clipped or sent to app prior to opening it are missing.

I just can’t trust it anymore since this is completely random. 

I just downloaded the "update" yesterday (which says 10.3.7) and installed it on my Mac, and when I try to open it, it's just BLANK. It loads my last note that was open in its own floating box, but the app itself won't load. I've gotten "Sorry, we're having a hard time reloading Evernote" message a couple times and tried to reload it, then it's just blank. Other times I don't even get that message. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, and get the same issue. How does this get fixed?

• Shane D. locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic