Why the delay in moderator approval?

As an Evernote user for 11 years and a premium user for several years (including gifting several years of Evernote usage to friends) why would I have to wait over 11 hours (so far) for my first forum post to be approved by moderators?

And why as a premium user would I even need moderator approval?

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I can only speculate, but these are my speculations (in reverse order of your questions):

1. Forum access level has never been linked to subscription level. It's a separate operation, and the forums are really the only meaningful support for people on Basic subscriptions.
  2. Please look around, and notice the volume of posts made in the last week or two. It's massive because of the, um, "surprising" nature of the roll-out of the new app versions. I'm not surprised that moderators are a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks Dave. I guess not having forum access was the icing on the cake for me after the disappointment of the latest update and I wanted to see what went wrong with the forums being the obvious place to look for answers.   

• Level 5
15 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Forum access level has never been linked to subscription level. It's a separate operation, and the forums are really the only meaningful support for people on Basic subscriptions.

Is this really true? If I am logged in to my Evernote Web interface I don't need to log-in to the forum and vice versa. It immediately recognizes me as Evernote user and uses the same account name and password,

Yes it's true. Imagine the frustration trying to post in the forums as a registered user only to find you have to be moderated, especially when your user details say "Subscription: PREMIUM"?

And you have to wait 12 hours before a moderator notices and your posts get unhidden. 

It's ok now, I can post just fine. But going forward, just so you know, it's not the way to run forums.