Can't view. note content - New Mac app

Hi - I can't access the note content of my notes in the new version of EN for mac. The notes are there, reminders, notebooks etc, but when I click to open a note i am presented with a blank note,

Any ideas?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Dantray said:

Hi - I can't access the note content of my notes in the new version of EN for mac. The notes are there, reminders, notebooks etc, but when I click to open a note i am presented with a blank note,

Any ideas?

You mentioned the "new version" of Evernote. Did you mean Evernote 10?

• Like 1

I also have this and have no idea how to fix it.  What does "log in with apple" mean? I just opened Evernote as usual and I can't see any content, although all of the notes appear to be there.  Oh this is on the computer (Mac) version, by the way. iPhone version seems to show content OK.

• Like 1

It seems like everything on my iPhone app isn’t working now! It’s not saving new notes nor updating edits.... very frustrated with EN right now. Especially since chat isn’t available. Any ideas? 

Today I opened evernote and searched for someone's name. All the documents in the search results were blank.  I clicked on various notes in the list, but nothing! I panicked, thinking that my evernote database had been wiped out. I then quit evernote and reopened it. Fortunately, now all the documents are visible.

I am on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

v 10.1.7 build 1902 public
Editor: v109.0.14125
Service: v1.20.26
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

on a sidenote, where are we supposed to report bugs? Do we do it here in this forum, as I am starting to accumulate a small list but some are quite severe. I have been a paid evernote user since 2015.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, Dantray said:

Yes Evernote 10. 

I am logging in with email, not apple or google, if that matters.

Okay, this was posted in the "Legacy" Evernote forum, I've moved it into the Evernote 10 group where it belongs.

I upgraded to the desktop version 10.2.4. When I open it, I see all my notes in the snippets column, however, if I click on one, nothing appears in the note window other than notes I created by typing directly in a new note. But I can't see any of my other notes: things that I screen captured, images that I imported, nothing at all!  If I use the online version, I can see everything.

So, essentially, I have no more desktop Evernote. I'm on the Premium Plan. I'm on a 2019 MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina v. 10.15.7

I've downloaded 10.2.4 a few times already and it's always the same thing -- I can't see my notes other than the snippets. I depend heavily on Evernote and have for years, and am at a total loss about what to do.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there a fix. I tried to download the legacy version but it gets an error message when I try to open it. I no longer have my version 7.14 to install.

I see from this thread that others are having the same problem and so far there is no solution. How sad. I guess I'll have to look for another note app after all these years. What a bummer.

Same issue here.  I updated to 10.2.4 on my MAC last night.  I have access to notes but many are not displaying content correctly that wasn't directly typed into the note via the EN app itself.  For example, pdf docs, photos, etc.  If EN can't ensure access to my content across upgrades, it makes no sense to continue use of this application,.

• Sad 1

Since this is a problem others are having and not just me, it makes one wonder what kind of QA Evernote is doing before releasing so many new features. It's really hard to understand how QA could have missed a problem of this magnitude. I've just imported all my notes into DEVONThink 3 and will be using that from now on. I'd prefer to use EN for a variety of reasons, but, as explained above, it seems no longer feasible.

• Administrator

Hi All,

For those of you still experiencing this issue, and have not updated to the most recent release, please do so.

If you are on the most current version, do you have a large account with a lot of notes?

The reason I ask is that for larger accounts, it may take some time for everything to load/sync.

Generally, this process should take just a few minutes. However, I have seen instances of it taking north of an hour for very large accounts with notes that contain a lot of content, attachments, etc.

Let me know as this will help me further investigate into this issue.

I had the most recent version (unless there was a new one today) and I only have about 600 notes. I waited at least an hour, actually, overnight, and they still were not visible. Hope this helps.

Yes, same issue here as well.  It's endless trying to load - then it says relaunch over and over again.  Please help - can't access very important info - I can't even use on the web browser version   this is a world of hurt   SOS