Lost Functionality: Unable to insert date/time in note title using the shortcodes

steve49589

Idea

Shift/Command/D works to add today's date in the body of the not, but we lost the functionality to add in the title of the note. Same with Shift/Option/Command/D for the time.

I use that every day as I create a note based on each day of the week. Update was pushed to me overnight, and it's the first thing I noticed.

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 10/23/2020 at 3:34 AM, steve49589 said:

Unable to insert date/time in note title using the shortcodes

Personally, I use a script to format the date/time and paste where-ever
My scripting tools are Applescript and Keyboard Maestro

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Personally, I use a script to format the date/time and paste where-ever
My scripting tools are Applescript and Keyboard Maestro

I'm not a coder, plus your suggestion to pay $36 for Maestro just to get the shortcuts that already worked in Legacy does not work for me at all.

All over this forum I'm seeing reasonable people bringing up very reasonable issues with the new version of Evernote. To me, it looks like the staff at Evernote could not give a da**.

Just now, DTLow said:

Is there a reason you're not still the Legacy product?
Installation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

I'ver reverted to legacy, but the iPhone version updated automatically and that's a big issue since you can not revert back and they seem to ignore pleas to release the Legacy App as a second version on the App Store.

I've also experienced notes and photos just completely disappearing when added from my iPhone.

I'm shopping for a different app now since they just don't seem to get it.