v10 for Windows Imports New Folders

There's a bug in the ScanSnap Home scan transfer to the new Evernote Windows v10. It now imports to a new folder that it names each time matching the random file name issued by ScanSnap Home.

How can we set ScanSnap to import to a default Notebook like it worked before?

Desktop-screenshot (2).png

• Like 1

Thanks for your quick reply!

I'm already hooked on v10!  Is it possible to have both the legacy and v10 installed on the same PC? 

My only problem so far is with ScanSnap.  I wonder if there's another way efficient to scan into Evernote (e.g. wireless using tablet, another Windows profile, another PC)

• Level 5

@RFHatefiYes, you can install both side by side, and even run them in parallel. However, this can lead to syncing conflicts, so I think it is the conservative way to install both, but decide which one to operate at any moment. If you are fine except with scanning, use the v10 in general, and legacy only when scanning.

Both clients use their own data base, so you can uninstall either one without removing the local copy of the server data of the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue - it's a real hassle if you scan a lot of documents you get a ton of these new notebooks (see screenshot). It wouldn't be that much of a problem if I could easily delete the notebooks after having moved the contained notes to their final destination. But deleting a notebook is hard labor: at least 4 clicks required per notebook and miles of mouse travel. 

image.png

• Evernote Expert

I believe this issue is fixed but it requires the latest version of Evernote AND an update to the ScanSnap Manager software then configure the ScanSnap Manager to scan to Evernote 10 as an option. It took me awhile to work out all out. The main update required was the ScanSnap software.

• Level 5
On 12/19/2020 at 7:44 AM, fnkslbrthr said:

Thank you for pointing out my options. The intention behind my post was to give feedback to the development team not to ask for help.

In this case use the feedback option in the client, or post a support ticket.

Devs at EN probably do not read through hundreds of forum posts just to know what they need to do.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, agsteele said:

I believe this issue is fixed but it requires the latest version of Evernote AND an update to the ScanSnap Manager software then configure the ScanSnap Manager to scan to Evernote 10 as an option. It took me awhile to work out all out. The main update required was the ScanSnap software.

Thanks, but I believe I'm already up to date: Evernote 10.5.7 , ScanSnap 1.9.1.5
Checking for updates doesn't show any newer version for both applications.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, PinkElephant said:

In this case use the feedback option in the client, or post a support ticket.

Thanks! I was sure there was no feedback button in the app, thus posted here. But now that I looked again, you're right, it's there! 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, fnkslbrthr said:

Thanks, but I believe I'm already up to date: Evernote 10.5.7 , ScanSnap 1.9.1.5
Checking for updates doesn't show any newer version for both applications.

The newest version of the ScanSnap Manager is version 7.0 L30  If you're using v 1.9.1.5 then I guess you might be using the ScanSnap Home method. I've not taken that route since Evernote and ScanSnap fixed the Manager software. I think I had version 6.5 installed and it gave me an automatic update back in November.  After that it became reasonably easy to add Evernote 10 as a scanning destination.

https://scansnap.fujitsu.com/global/ssmanagerv7/

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a new problem. The PDF scans are coming in without an extension. So everytime I try to open an attachment I have to select a program to open the PDF.

How can we tell ScanSnap to add an extension to these scanned files?

Thanks!

Rod