Evernote 10 - Shortcuts auto-remove

cheesetec
Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Idea

In the new Evernote 10 client, any tag that is set as a shortcut will automatically be removed as a shortcut once the number of notes that use that tag reaches zero

Is this intentional design or a bug? I often use tags as a status marker (#todo etc.) and having the shortcut self-remove breaks that workflow :( 

Appreciate any feedback!

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

I see it too, and I am seeing a message to that effect. 

Similar things sometimes happen with no warning or explanation, the fact there is a polite warning message leads me to think it is by design, in which case you might want to post a request for this not to happen.

• Administrator
  • Solution

Hi All,

Yes, I can confirm that the behavior you're seeing is by design.

I'm going to move this thread to the feature requests section, so please feel free to offer feedback/vote if this something you'd like to see changed!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Shane D. said:

I'm going to move this thread to the feature requests section, so please feel free to offer feedback/vote if this something you'd like to see changed!

So if one has a tracker tag added/removed to notes for follow up and one keeps the tag in shortcuts for quick access and then if one ever catches up with ones trackers one has to re-add the tag to shortcuts when a new tracker is created?  Nice.  Saved search solves the problem but still.  

Would be great if tags stay in shortcut, if they reach "0". 

Also it would be great, if the number of notes could be displayed near the shortcut-tag, as in the legacy version.

Also it would be great if it would be possible to drag notes to a tag in the shortcut, as it was possible in the legacy version (to assign that tag to that note)