It appears to me that if I am adding a note with a new tag that I first have to add the tag by going into "tags" and then clicking on the "add new tag button."  I have been unable to add a new tag from within the note itself by using the edit tag function.  Am I missing something?

My experience has been that that the Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut works sometimes and not other times.

If there is some easier workflow I would appreciate it if someone could point it out to me.

12 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Ctrl+Alt+T has gone from Evernote 10

ctrl-alt-T is still there  but only if the focus is on the note in the note list not while you are editing the note. However the menu item (note -> edit tags) works perfectly well when you are editing a note. This is not logical but it is currently what we have.

If you are in a note you can also add tags at the bottom (click down there or F3). 

• Evernote Expert
16 hours ago, Mike P said:

ctrl-alt-T is still there  but only if the focus is on the note in the note list not while you are editing the note.

Isn't that curious... Perhaps it is on its way - either out or returning.  The official documentation says it doesn't exist in v 10 ;)

1 minute ago, agsteele said:

Isn't that curious... Perhaps it is on its way - either out or returning.  The official documentation says it doesn't exist in v 10 ;)

I think it is on it's way in as I remember a big fanfare when it was introduced in the beta. Given that you can access the edit tags menu from the main menu when editing a note I see no logical reason for the shortcut not to work in that context as well. There are so many errors (e.g. ctrl-del to delete a note), things that don't work  (e,g, enter to edit a note) and omissions (e.g. ctrl-shift-D to add the time) in the official list of keyboard shorcuts that it's a bit of a joke. I mean how hard can it be to get the documentation for keyboard shortcuts right?

• Haha 2