Hello, 

I am using ENScript.exe on a regular basis. Since the last update it seems to be "gone". Is there any chance to get it back?

The new version of Evernote is not my favorite. I am missing the headline with my most used notes, a lot of shortcuts , no more local stored notebooks etc.

• Like 2

I think it would be simpler to use a script program like autohotkey or similar, but if you must use ENScript, just copy the following 4 files from the legacy version:

encrashrep.dll
ENFatInk.dll
libsqlite.dll
libpcre.dll
ENScript.exe

I found it will run, but no guarantees, etc.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Olli said:

I am using ENScript.exe on a regular basis. Since the last update it seems to be "gone". Is there any chance to get it back?

We lost scripting with the v10 rollout   
On the Mac platform it was Applescript; we were told "not available yet"

>>The new version of Evernote is not my favorite. I am missing ...

I'm still using the legacy version

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Are they planning on adding it back in or did they just flat out remove Windows Scripting support?

I want to backup all my notebooks automatically via powershell scripting but could not find the ENScript.exe

I have to use the legacy version I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Evernote included a comment in the release notes that scripting options would not immediately be available.  No news as yet when they will come back,  but meantime that's one of the omissions from the new versions that is keeping me on v6.25 - where ENScript still works.  I'm backing up daily and automatically using third party app Backupery.

Backups in the new version are a separate issue - the database does not appear to be available locally to create a backup.  Online access would be required.  I'm continuing with the legacy version until that gets sorted out.

• Like 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to Support ENScript
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Backups in the new version are a separate issue - the database does not appear to be available locally to create a backup.

I guess the database is moved to under the user folder. For example, in my Windows (where "igrep" is my user name):

C:\Users\igrep\Evernote\Databases\igrep.exb

I'm not completely sure, but its size (mine is 25.3GB!) and its contents (I found some images I saved before by opening as an SQLite3 file) make me think so.

7 hours ago, YAMAMOTO Yuji said:

I guess the database is moved to under the user folder. For example, in my Windows (where "igrep" is my user name):

C:\Users\igrep\Evernote\Databases\igrep.exb

I'm not completely sure, but its size (mine is 25.3GB!) and its contents (I found some images I saved before by opening as an SQLite3 file) make me think so.

I think this is almost certainly associated with a previous version of Evernote.

My understanding is that attachments are stored in

C:\Users\userName\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\resource-cache\UserXXXXX

and possibly

C:\Users\userName\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\resourceCache

These folders contain many sub folders. Each sub folder contains a file with a mime extension which is a text file and a bigger file with no extension which is the attachment without it's extension.

There is also an SQL database in 

C:\Users\userName\AppData\Roaming\Evernote\conduit-storage\https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com

There may be other files lurking around but I think they are the main ones.

Thanks to @ej8899 for doing the detective work on this.You can read his original post here: 

• Like 2