Error when importing local notebook

I am getting the error when importing the local notebook. It always stops on 7 note and cant go further. 

The error comes up - one couldnt import the notes.

These are very important notebooks for me - what to do? any ideas? I already sent a ticket but maybe there is some quick fix?

• Evernote Expert

Given the issue which is probably caused by a troublesome note, I think I would make the changes in the old, legacy version of the software.

1. Close/Quit Evernote version 10
2. In the legacy version 6.25 create a set of online notebooks that mirror your local notebooks
3. Move the notes to the new folders or, if you prefer, copy the notes to the new folders
4. Wait until the sync is complete or force a sync
5. Open Evernote 10.x.x and the new copies of what were your local notes should have appeared.

Of course, you cannot import the notes to EN10 as local notes since these are not supprted in the new version which is an issue for many who use local notebooks.

• Thanks 1

I am doing that now. Problem is that it is around 60 local notebooks and it is synchronising already 2 day with the Evernote 10!

I am also sad that the links between the local-notes function no more. I build strong database like wikipedia around my work, it took my few years - now this is completely useless as when i move the notes to online notebooks the link dont work.

I stoped the sync in Evernote 10 and will copy the notes to the online mirror folders as advised - maybe in legacy version the sync will be faster.

Thanks again

There is another dillema.

Some people say the links between notes which are exported from local to online will be working in some future versions.

But now if I first copy the notes in Legacy Version from Local to Online - then the functionality of links probably is over.

Whilst when I import the whole saved folders in EV10 maybe the links will be working in some future versions?

What do you think about it?

Yes I have synced everything and Evernote Web on Windows also has shown all the notes. 

I uninstalled the v10 then Installed again and it wont start. Don't know what to do now.

They didn't answer even my first ticket so that would take too long

• Level 5

Sorry, still on legacy on Mac and Windows, so no experience on this part.

My only idea would be to uninstall using sort of a wiping program that really terminates any prior install, and install again. Make sure you do not terminate your legacy installation, maybe make a backup before.

Yes I am using Revo Uninstaller v 6.25.2 with Advanced Scanning Mode. But it takes so long time that it cannot finish.

I made the backup already.

Now I try to uninstall both versions and then install v10 again but Revo cant make it finish, dont know why. It takes so long. 

I have bit slow internet here, but I think it doesnt depend on net speed.. bit confused