Reminder options too coarse

agsteele

Idea

• Evernote Expert

I just set a reminder for a note using v10.1.7 and noticed that the options are fixed at date plus a time at the hour and half-hour.

In the legacy 6.25 world I can set a reminder down to the second.

Today I wanted to set a note to remind me 5 minutes prior to a meeting that I have scheduled at 9.15am. In version 10.1.7 My options are to have the reminder at 9am or 9.30am. In version 6.25 I was able to set the reminder for precisely 9.10am.

Ironically, that time then appears in version 10.1.x

Given that many folk use diary/calendar blocks of 15 minutes it would seem to be valuable to at least have reminders offering 15 minute blocks of time.

Could we at least have that if not the complete flexibility of the legacy version?

• Like 7

4 replies to this idea

Great point and interesting, I have not had a chance to set the reminder in V10 yet since it is so slow for me to use, but I just checked it out and this again does not make sense in a WINDOWS APP. Makes sense for iOS etc. but where I can type in with a keyboard I would like to set the reminders to what I would lke.

image.png.3e21bdaf98841a5c34a8e6ab2483e4c4.png

• Like 1

I found it a bit restricted when I first saw it.

They've implemented a better time picker in the note info window for editing creation date so maybe they could use this code for reminders as well.

1950694641_Screenshot2020-10-21170307.jpg.01c9e302d71d430c14823a31c74e2b51.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The date and time setting function is the same as in the Web client. I couldn't believe they'd just port that clunky, rinky-dink, 1980s-looking silliness over to the Windows program, but ... wrong again. Even in the Web client, I always thought it looked like a placeholder until they got a real date/time picker together. Let's hope it is. I too need the granularity of (at least) 15 minute intervals, but if possible the full functionality of the v. 6 program.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Besides using the legacy Evernote Windows program, another workaround for the lack of fine-grained reminder control is to link your Evernote account to Cronofy (https://www.cronofy.com/), which will then sync your Evernote reminders to your Google or Office365 calendar. In those calendars, you can then adjust the times to be as precise as you need. As @agsteele said WRT doing this in the legacy program, the times should appear properly in the new Windows, Web, etc., apps (but of course in those apps can only be edited to hour and half-hour time slots).