[Troubleshooting] Templates Button Not Showing / Can't Save New Templates

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

I'm running 10.1.17. For all my notes I used a template and just today have ran into this issue. If I create a new note, I should see a button to select a template in the body of the note. This button is not longer there. Further, If I go to Note > Save as Template, this option is grayed out and I can't select it.

I've completely killed the evernote process and restarted it. It still is not showing for me.

4 hours ago, jh1989 said:

I'm running 10.1.17. For all my notes I used a template and just today have ran into this issue. If I create a new note, I should see a button to select a template in the body of the note. This button is not longer there. Further, If I go to Note > Save as Template, this option is grayed out and I can't select it.

I've completely killed the evernote process and restarted it. It still is not showing for me.

This has happened to me in the past. It only went away with a new version (sometime back in beta I think). Obviously not solved.

7 hours ago, jh1989 said:

It happened to me as well. I solved the issue by ending evernote through the task manager and starting it again. That solved the issue for me.

2 hours ago, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Thank you for letting me know.

Can any of you actively reproduce this issue? Or, are currently seeing it?

If yes, please let me know as I'd like to get your log information.

I'm still getting this issue. Happy to send log information, just let me know what you need and where to send it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 5:46 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Thank you for letting me know.

Can any of you actively reproduce this issue? Or, are currently seeing it?

If yes, please let me know as I'd like to get your log information.

I have the same issue with no templates in Windows 10.2.4. 

• Shane D. changed the title to [Troubleshooting] Templates Button Not Showing / Can't Save New Templates
  • Shane D. featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 2:03 AM, KAVA9712 said:

Same issue here, have just upgraded to new Windows v10.4.4. Restart has not solved problem. Same note can be saved as a template in iOS app.

Same here, same version. The issue is intermittent; sometimes it works and restarting fixes it, sometimes it does not fix it (I tested this in two machines; in one it DID fix it, in the other, it did not, and tried a couple of times; same version in both, 10.4.4).

Gabe

• 11 months later...

Just happened to me on version  10.24.3.0.17043.  l had to completely uninstall desktop app using a third party uninstaller, then download and reinstall.  Now templates are back and I'm refreshed up to version 10.25.6.  Thanks everyone for posting about this - the info was really helpful.

Vinnie

• Level 5

Short of uninstalling, this little procedure often fixes problems related to a corrupted local database (for Windows, Mac is a bit different).:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

• 3 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 7:59 PM, Addinat0r said:

I am experiencing this issue. 'Save as new template' button is greyed out. It's been two years and still no fix? 

I've explained my experience in another thread:

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/4/2020 at 4:20 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

We are aware of this issue, and are working to address it.

As a temporary workaround, restarting your app should resolve the issue.

Please let us us know on this thread if you encounter this issue, and I'll be following up once I have any updates.

This issue still exists. I'm experience it in both the Chrome browser version and the Evernote for Mac version:

10.33.4-mac-ddl-public (3285)
Editor: v144.0.17818
Service: v1.49.2

I used the suggestion in this thread of creating a header in the note I created as a template and the the "Save as Template" immediately became available again.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am on 10.42.7

I don't have the "inside note body template button". 

I can not add the template of my own to Suggested Templates in the note body. When I open it it just offers your suggested templates and there are only 10 of them. 

When I do save my template and try to load it from the gallery, it tells me new note was created from template, but it has not been. Not a new note, nor did my template load into the note I am trying to create. 

Technically almost nothing template related is working for me. I do have the paid account. 

• Level 5

Hi, @nikawolf, and welcome to the forums. Please be aware that these are basically user-to-user forums, so they are not "our" suggested templates. If you have a paid account and this is not working as it should, it might be best to start a support ticket with Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

• Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, nikawolf said:

I don't have the "inside note body template button".

In the desktop and web applications the 'button' to open the template gallery is not labelled Template rather it is slightly greyed out and says '... Open Gallery'

It is only visible when the note content is  completely empty. You can have a title but even a space in the note body will mean you can no longer see the option.

In the mobile apps the template gallery scrolls across the bottom of the note editor. Again, the moment you add any content the option is removed.