I can't login after updating it to the latest version

Hello, 

I just updated my evernote to the latest version on my macbookpro and I can't login.

After entering my email address and hit 'Continue' button all I see is the loading animation.

Can you please help?

I deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times but still no luck:(

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.22.43 am.png

• 3 weeks later...

Same exact issue happening here. The web version logs in fine and loads all notes - but after installing the new Mac application I can't log in (just gets stuck on the loading bar). Is there a fix or advice anyone has found?

On 10/20/2020 at 11:25 PM, jiny8309 said:

Hello, 

I just updated my evernote to the latest version on my macbookpro and I can't login.

After entering my email address and hit 'Continue' button all I see is the loading animation.

Can you please help?

I deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times but still no luck:(

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.22.43 am.png

Hello,

I have exactely the same issue, using a PC with Windows 10.

It works fine with the legacy version, but not the latest version,

Thanks for the help!

Palaf

On 11/12/2020 at 2:45 PM, AJS004 said:

Same exact issue happening here. The web version logs in fine and loads all notes - but after installing the new Mac application I can't log in (just gets stuck on the loading bar). Is there a fix or advice anyone has found?

I have the exact same issue! stuck at the login page - can anyone help???

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.56.12 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also experiencing this. Tried to upgrade from a legacy version of Evernote to 10.4.4 build 2096 public on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7 and after entering my email address, it just hangs. Downgraded to Legacy 7.14.1 and I'm at least able to access my old version now.

I am also experiencing the same issue (for over 30 days) now -- I am paying a fee and without access via my Mac O/S App' this tool becomes essentially worthless (I really do not want to login to the web experience)

Evernote Team - please provide a fix and post/make available ASAP517140014_EvernoteLoginIssue2020_12_21.thumb.png.16a2a8302ff4e6d30c7fafc1ad4489b0.png

Edited by tbarnason
Adding an Attachment
On 12/3/2020 at 6:57 AM, MattBrooklyn said:

I'm also experiencing this. Tried to upgrade from a legacy version of Evernote to 10.4.4 build 2096 public on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7 and after entering my email address, it just hangs. Downgraded to Legacy 7.14.1 and I'm at least able to access my old version now.

Just updated to v10.5.7 build 2171 today and still the same issue. I've been continuing to use the legacy version of Evernote during this time. Curious when there might be a fix for this.

• 3 weeks later...

@Shane D. Do you know if anyone is monitoring this forum? I still cannot log into the new Evernote app and am still using the legacy app because of this login issue. Seems like others are having the same issue. I just updated to: 

10.6.9-mac-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7

Still not able to log in. Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide!

So don't really have a solution here, but support suggested that this issue is probably due to company laptops and the IT policies applied to them. This was somewhat confirmed when I upgraded my personal mac laptop to latest version of Evernote (10.6.9) and it working just fine, but my work laptop was not working. Unfortunately Evernote isn't supported at my company, so they weren't interested in helping me troubleshoot.

If this issue is ONLY affecting you on your company laptop, may want to engage IT to see if the need to update security policies.

Will just have to use a legacy app until my IT dept gets with it.

• Thanks 2

Hey, I have this problem but I'm actually not using a work or school computer. When I try to login with Google it just hangs on the "Signing in..." message. I'm using version 10.6.9 and the web version and Android app work just fine, it's just the desktop app that doesn't work. I even tried removing the web version as a device to make room for the desktop app but still nothing.