I can't login after updating it to the latest version

jiny8309

Idea

Hello, 

I just updated my evernote to the latest version on my macbookpro and I can't login.

After entering my email address and hit 'Continue' button all I see is the loading animation.

Can you please help?

I deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times but still no luck:(

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.22.43 am.png

50 replies to this idea

Same exact issue happening here. The web version logs in fine and loads all notes - but after installing the new Mac application I can't log in (just gets stuck on the loading bar). Is there a fix or advice anyone has found?

On 10/20/2020 at 11:25 PM, jiny8309 said:

Hello, 

I just updated my evernote to the latest version on my macbookpro and I can't login.

After entering my email address and hit 'Continue' button all I see is the loading animation.

Can you please help?

I deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times but still no luck:(

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.22.43 am.png

Hello,

I have exactely the same issue, using a PC with Windows 10.

It works fine with the legacy version, but not the latest version,

Thanks for the help!

Palaf

On 11/12/2020 at 2:45 PM, AJS004 said:

Same exact issue happening here. The web version logs in fine and loads all notes - but after installing the new Mac application I can't log in (just gets stuck on the loading bar). Is there a fix or advice anyone has found?

I have the exact same issue! stuck at the login page - can anyone help???

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.56.12 PM.png

I'm also experiencing this. Tried to upgrade from a legacy version of Evernote to 10.4.4 build 2096 public on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7 and after entering my email address, it just hangs. Downgraded to Legacy 7.14.1 and I'm at least able to access my old version now.

I am also experiencing the same issue (for over 30 days) now -- I am paying a fee and without access via my Mac O/S App' this tool becomes essentially worthless (I really do not want to login to the web experience)

Evernote Team - please provide a fix and post/make available ASAP517140014_EvernoteLoginIssue2020_12_21.thumb.png.16a2a8302ff4e6d30c7fafc1ad4489b0.png

Edited by tbarnason
Adding an Attachment
On 12/3/2020 at 6:57 AM, MattBrooklyn said:

I'm also experiencing this. Tried to upgrade from a legacy version of Evernote to 10.4.4 build 2096 public on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7 and after entering my email address, it just hangs. Downgraded to Legacy 7.14.1 and I'm at least able to access my old version now.

Just updated to v10.5.7 build 2171 today and still the same issue. I've been continuing to use the legacy version of Evernote during this time. Curious when there might be a fix for this.

@Shane D. Do you know if anyone is monitoring this forum? I still cannot log into the new Evernote app and am still using the legacy app because of this login issue. Seems like others are having the same issue. I just updated to: 

10.6.9-mac-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7

Still not able to log in. Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide!

I was able to fix this issue by changing my default browser to something else and trying again. I'm assuming it has something to do with the browser cache. Might be worthwhile trying to clear browser cache and trying again.

So don't really have a solution here, but support suggested that this issue is probably due to company laptops and the IT policies applied to them. This was somewhat confirmed when I upgraded my personal mac laptop to latest version of Evernote (10.6.9) and it working just fine, but my work laptop was not working. Unfortunately Evernote isn't supported at my company, so they weren't interested in helping me troubleshoot.

If this issue is ONLY affecting you on your company laptop, may want to engage IT to see if the need to update security policies.

Will just have to use a legacy app until my IT dept gets with it.

• Thanks 3

Hey, I have this problem but I'm actually not using a work or school computer. When I try to login with Google it just hangs on the "Signing in..." message. I'm using version 10.6.9 and the web version and Android app work just fine, it's just the desktop app that doesn't work. I even tried removing the web version as a device to make room for the desktop app but still nothing.

Dear all,

I had the same problem when I set Brave as the default browser on my Windows 10 PC but the problem has been solved by switching to Microsoft Edge as the recommended browser for Windows 10.

Hope it helps

Cheers

@MattBrooklynI knew what you meant and it was what exactly happened with me. It just happened again when I reinstalled Evernote on my other device. 

What I did was making sure that Edge was my default browser so that when I login into Evernote using my email account, the login page of the email account was opened using Edge. This way solved my problem twice on different devices.

Cheers

Having issues with the Web version. I was unable to login with Chrome on the page where you can select google accounts. It does not move past the selection options between Apple and Google. When selecting email, it tells me there is no email associated with this account. To solve the issue I had to log in with EDGE which worked perfectly. I thought I was hacked and had to create another account to login and try to use the help sections etc. Thought this might be of help to someone so they don't spend 2 hours wasting time worried about whether they were hacked. I am currently going to seek out an alternative to Evernote as the issues are too regular now.

• Level 5

When the client is blocked by a firewall, it is not a bug, but the consequence of a security measure. This is intentional by the owner of the network - a bug is not intentional.

Get EN whitelisted, and everything works. Sometimes (depends on the firewall policies) the web client works where the installed client will not. Or connect to a VPN (if not blocked as well) before opening the client.

Forum posts should tell all relevant issues. Saying „it does not work“ when you know a firewall is blocking you doesn’t help anybody.

I think we have different meaning of the word "working". The firewall is not blocking the request. Im happy that you try to help people but your posts are useless. The request is getting reencrypted from a trusted CA. This is nothing new and there are no issue with that on other products. 

Of course a VPN Connection would work but this is a workarround for a bug. If you search in this forum you will find many evernote customer like me with the same issue. This is something that a product should can handle. Most of the guys  behind a corporate firewall with ssl interception (like me currently) here still using the legacy version of evernote which is working well. 

• Level 5

Firewall - does not work

No firewall - works

It is the same client on the same machine, the variable factor is the firewall.

And yes, there may be other posts where a firewall stopped the client to connect. What do you think is the purpose of a firewall ? Right, it is there to stop not authorized network traffic.

There are many ways to setup a firewall. If you can control it, you can apply rules that allow authorized apps to work through it. If you can’t control it (which is probably your case at your company network), you are at the mercy of the firewall admin whether he allows the access.

What do you expect from EN ? To breach without authorization through a firewall ? This is called hacking, it is illegal in most countries. Besides if I were your employer and you would hack my firewall from the inside, your days in the company would be counted. Ransomware does the same when it starts to download the evil parts of the show, and if a firewall is set tight, there is a reason for that.

No bug, you simply try something on a secure network that is blocked, probably at the same time executing a breach of your employment contract by running not authorized software on a company network.

For situations like this, use the web client, or a mobile device that is not connected to the network.

Thanks for your explanation. I know how a firewall works. I work over 20 years in computer science.

Evernote using e*.akamaiedge.net as hosting provider over Standard Port 443. The Host and the provider ist not blocked by the firewall. 
The Problem ist that this Evernote App using pinned certifcates and this not working when the company using https ssl interception.

If you not know this technology google it. It would be enaugh if Evernote App would just look if x509 Certificate is valid and not use pinned cert on it. (like the most application do).

Anyone with this problem in 2022. If you're using the Brave browser just disable Brave's shields on the actual Evernote sign in page, after you log in with Google. Then refresh the page. Should work. 

• Level 5

What problem do you have ?

If you read through the thread, you find a number of problems, ranging from network firewalls over the Free device limit to the shield function integrated into the Brave browser. Oh, you wrote you have „the same problem“. Wow - all of them at the same time ?!

Or maybe you start to specify what sort of problem you have, if you want any hints of how to solve the problem.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2022 at 12:15 PM, Jimbomac said:

After 2 years this problem hasn't been fixed? What is the solution?

Happily, the initial problem was 'solved' for the OP the very same day it was posted:

image.png.ecfe70d8b072782b965bf644b5133cca.png

image.png.cb993da9d7ec048f331007c85bad92c4.png

Sadly, that's also all we got from jiny8309. This feels like a meme or something...