Jump to content

Share with Evernote Ipad not working


Go to solution Solved by Jaya Shekarraju,

Recommended Posts

Hello.

Noticing the same issue: share with Evernote on iPhone or iPad, open Evernote on macOS -> note does not appear.

Workaround: I need to open Evernote on iPhone or iPad, which will trigger the save / sync.

No great UX 😕.

Link to comment
  • Evernote Staff*
  • Solution
On 10/20/2020 at 11:24 AM, trashcan said:

I use the share with evernote function on ipad, it says enter title - save to notebook (correct default) and the says clip saved.

But it never appears in my evernote. 

Thank you for your patience. Would you help me understand the issue a bit more - Did the share appear after some waiting? Did you see a banner saying the note is saving? Also, are you on versions 10.0.4? Also, would you mind sharing which website were you trying to share from? Thank you for your help

Link to comment

i reinstalled and it works now, i lost all the shared items before i noticed - but in case it helps:

1. share appeared as normal, no delay 

2. yes saw banner

3. latest version

4. it was all sites, documents, screen grabs, etc. 

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

it appears that instead of the share to evernote feature sending the data to the cloud and then the web app distributing to whatever app opens (web, desktop, ios), the current implementation saves locally and then waits for the user to open Evernote to then push to the cloud.  This could be okay if the application was pushing data via background refresh but it doesn't seem to be doing that either.

We really need to have the share go to the cloud like the old build. If this is planned, so be it ... but it's worth mentioning it here and getting the current ios apps to respect the backend refresh.

Link to comment

the share function in iOS14.2 on an iPhone xs max just does not work. when clicked eg in Safari a small window opens on top. that has the calculator icon. does some processing and gives an ok. No input, not title, no request, notebook option etc. 

When checkin Evernote there is a new and empty untitled note. 

This is really disappointing as it is one of the absolute crucial use cases. Other bugs have improved after deleting and reinstalling the app.also not a good experience. 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 5 weeks later...

I am having similar problems getting a Shared Notebook to appear on a fresh iPad install of the Evernote app. Wasted a lot of time refreshing things and no result. I was amazed at how poor the documentation is on the feature.

Also, the staff response above is listed as a 'solution' when all they did was ask for more documentation from the user. There is no SOLUTION on this thread as yet.

Link to comment
在 2020/11/13 在 AM12點57分, Daniel Schubert說:

the share function in iOS14.2 on an iPhone xs max just does not work. when clicked eg in Safari a small window opens on top. that has the calculator icon. does some processing and gives an ok. No input, not title, no request, notebook option etc. 

When checkin Evernote there is a new and empty untitled note. 

This is really disappointing as it is one of the absolute crucial use cases. Other bugs have improved after deleting and reinstalling the app.also not a good experience. 

 

 

how come no one reply officially here?  this is the most basic and powerful (at the beginning) and most common (nowadays) function one a mobile phone, but totally lost. I already re-installed many times but all my iPhone an iPad not work on share with. So, why I need evernote? How it can be my second brain? How it help me to keep memories?

Link to comment
  • Evernote Staff
5 hours ago, BananaBread said:

I am having similar problems getting a Shared Notebook to appear on a fresh iPad install of the Evernote app.

Hi there @BananaBread, after a fresh install, try going into 'Shared with me' in the main Evernote app and adding the notebook(s) you're joined to.

Once added, if you have edit permissions, these notebooks should then appear as a destination when sharing content into Evernote from your iPad.

Link to comment
  • Evernote Staff
2 hours ago, romelden said:

 I already re-installed many times but all my iPhone an iPad not work on share with.

Hi there @romelden, I hear you - this sounds frustrating. If you haven't already, getting in touch with our support team is the best route to work towards resolving what you're mentioning.  Please do feel free to also post any more details here on how the share feature is not working on these devices. We'll see what options may be available to help resolve this, we're here for you.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Jay-Bob said:

Hi there @BananaBread, after a fresh install, try going into 'Shared with me' in the main Evernote app and adding the notebook(s) you're joined to.

Once added, if you have edit permissions, these notebooks should then appear as a destination when sharing content into Evernote from your iPad.

Soooo... can you be more specific with your instructions here. I DID these things. I went to 'Shared with me' on the iPad on a fresh install, expecting to see the Shared Notebook listed and it was not. Nor was the Note I shared with the iPad user. Said "0 Shared Notebooks, 0 Shared Notes." How do you add a notebook that someone has shared with you exactly? Can you describe where to find this option, in what menu, exactly?

Link to comment
On 10/22/2020 at 5:46 PM, Jaya Shekarraju said:

Thank you for your patience. Would you help me understand the issue a bit more - Did the share appear after some waiting? Did you see a banner saying the note is saving? Also, are you on versions 10.0.4? Also, would you mind sharing which website were you trying to share from? Thank you for your help

How does this staff member response count as a "solution"? It is marked as a solution.

Link to comment
6 小時前, BananaBread說:

How does this staff member response count as a "solution"? It is marked as a solution.

He just said "heard you", and throw out something, then go home sleep.  Work or not is "your problem", not him. 

 That why EN become worse. 

Link to comment
9 小時前, Jay-Bob說:

Hi there @romelden, I hear you - this sounds frustrating. If you haven't already, getting in touch with our support team is the best route to work towards resolving what you're mentioning.  Please do feel free to also post any more details here on how the share feature is not working on these devices. We'll see what options may be available to help resolve this, we're here for you.

Is that mean the problem talking here is not problem, we must calling you for solutions one by one? 

Link to comment
  • Level 5

Since running 10.2 I have not lost any more.

However, it sometimes feels like there is nothing happening on import. I yesterday imported 5 notes, all from the EN web site (LOL), some with web clips, some with PDFs created from content there. The notes were all small.

The were queued for import. I had the grey import window on top of the notes - it took nearly 10 minutes to finish importing (iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 14.3 on a very good 5GHz WiFi and Gigabit Internet). The notes were fine then. 

So I think the import is more stable, but still needs refinement to run faster.

Usually I try not to build a queue of imports, but open the EN app in between. When there is only one note, it imports in a matter of seconds most of the time.

Link to comment
  • Evernote Staff
11 hours ago, BananaBread said:

Soooo... can you be more specific with your instructions here. I DID these things. I went to 'Shared with me' on the iPad on a fresh install, expecting to see the Shared Notebook listed and it was not. Nor was the Note I shared with the iPad user. Said "0 Shared Notebooks, 0 Shared Notes." How do you add a notebook that someone has shared with you exactly? Can you describe where to find this option, in what menu, exactly?

@BananaBreadif you're sharing a note or notebook already existing in your Evernote account to someone - you'll want to go to the specific notebook/note and control the share from there as you're the owner and it won't be listed in 'Shared with me'.

If someone's shared a notebook or note to you, it should be listed in the 'Shared with me' menu. If you're not seeing it listed there, try checking in 'Work Chat' to see if it may have possibly been shared in an earlier chat thread with you and that person. Here's more info on sharing notes and notebooks.

@romelden it looks like this thread was originally marked as solved due to a question about the mobile clipper, or 'share extension'  (sharing web pages/content into Evernote, not sharing between users) -- that was resolved for the person asking the question when they did a reinstall of the app. That doesn't mean there may not still be possible issues one may encounter with sharing mobile clipped content into Evernote, or when trying to share content already existing in Evernote between users, just that the original question for the thread creator was resolved.

Link to comment
On 12/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, Jay-Bob said:

dif you're sharing a note or notebook already existing in your Evernote account to someone - you'll want to go to the specific notebook/note and control the share from there as you're the owner and it won't be listed in 'Shared with me'.

If someone's shared a notebook or note to you, it should be listed in the 'Shared with me' menu. If you're not seeing it listed there, try checking in 'Work Chat' to see if it may have possibly been shared in an earlier chat thread with you and that person. Here's more info on sharing notes and notebooks.

BTDT, still not working. There was no work chat involved. I followed the instructions, it Did. Not. Work.

Link to comment
On 12/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Jay-Bob said:

Hi there @BananaBread, after a fresh install, try going into 'Shared with me' in the main Evernote app and adding the notebook(s) you're joined to.

Once added, if you have edit permissions, these notebooks should then appear as a destination when sharing content into Evernote from your iPad.

Yup. Did this, and it DID NOT WORK.

Link to comment
  • Level 5

Just tried it (without a prior problem): Works as described.

When selecting share, the share dialogue appears. There all notebooks can be selected, those that were shared to me as well. Important is that the share must include edit, not read-only.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem. Using the latest version of iOS and Evernote and although it says “clip saved” it does not work. Without this function Evernote is not very useful to me anymore. Will not be recommending it to anyone.

Link to comment
  • Evernote Staff

Hi @Doc Molly, I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering this. Please try to 'force quit' your Evernote iOS app and then reopen it to see if that gets your saved clips importing again. Don't reinstall or you'll lose your pending clips to be imported. If the force quit/reopen doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team for further assistance.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...