display of tags in the note

Claudiofpiga

Idea

current display of tags in the EN 10 Windows notes is really difficult ( they are at the bottom of every note)  ;  not easy to visualize if a tag has been chosen or not ( I organize my notes basically by  tags) .

Has anybody found the same problem ? if several tags are assigned ,  it is difficult to see and navigate ( in iPados  is much easier )

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

20 minutes ago, Claudiofpiga said:

Applying GTD to EN clearly focuses on tags (  a way at least)

The biggest problem with using tags with GTD is that when you add or remove a tag it will take some time for that to be reflected in a search. In addition your existing filter/search will not update automatically and there is no easy way to force a refresh of the search

According to an interview I listened to this week with Ian Small, tags were moved to the bottom because only a very small percentage of EN users use tags and they wanted to save screen real estate. I'm surprised by this answer given that the general design ethos doesn't seem to care too much about efficient use of screen real estate. I also wonder whether the percentage of paying customers who use tags might be a lot higher.

28 minutes ago, Claudiofpiga said:

not easy to visualize if a tag has been chosen or not

I assume you have a few tags assigned and they are disappearing off the end of the screen. This was raised in the beta but obviously nothing has happened. I also find it annoying that tags are placed in the order that they are added and you cannot change this. I have some important tags beginning with $, + etc which used to guarantee that they were at the beginning of the list but now they can be anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

as an argument , it seems to be ridiculous ( no offense to EN Team).

Applying GTD to EN clearly focuses on tags (  a way at least) ; the problem I have :

• the tags don't dissapear ,  but because they are placed horizontally ,  if the text is long ,  voila ;  impossible to read several placed together 
  • you are right ,  they are placed as per created left to right ;  another big problem. Like many people ,  I use prefixes ( @ ,  #1-9 , spaces ,  etc)  to prioitize tags 

Why not give the chance of dropdown ,  if the html format it allows ? 

Similar feature I'd like to see was the paragraphs collpasing feature ( sort of TOC within the note ,  implemented in Notion - Nimbus ,etc) .

I'm losing my hopes ,but  this could facilitate navigating long notes 

The release 10 is improving , slow as a snail. In my case ,  after so many years ,  is hard to migrate and change the way to use a notereader / task manager (  with the combination of search / tags / reminders and shortcuts) app like this in another app 

• Like 1