Shortcut to "Add a Reminder" and navigation of that window

AdmiralP

Idea

Setting Reminders and marking them as done is an important part of my workflow.

It would be good if there was a shortcut that would open up the Add/edit Reminder window, rather than having to move the mouse to the bottom of the screen and find the icon to click; I see this as a usability improvement.

Also - when editing a reminder, it would also be helpful if you could navigate between the buttons and around the calendar picker using tab.cursor keys /

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I'm not yet able (still on Windows 7) or willing to update to v. 10. It sounds like it uses the clunk, rinky-dink interface for setting reminders that appears in the Web client. For instance, in the Web client, it is not possible to set a reminder for anything other than on the hour and the half-hour: no 10:15, for instance. Is that indeed the case?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, AdmiralP said:

Setting Reminders and marking them as done is an important part of my workflow.

It would be good if there was a shortcut that would open up the Add/edit Reminder window, rather than having to move the mouse to the bottom of the screen and find the icon to click; I see this as a usability improvement.

Also - when editing a reminder, it would also be helpful if you could navigate between the buttons and around the calendar picker using tab.cursor keys /

I got tired of waiting and created my own shortcut using AutoHotKey.  It works really well since my EN window is stationary, always open full screen on the right monitor of a two monitor set up.  Pretty straightforward once you get a grip on AHK.  So I use Alt + 1 2 3 for create/complete edit clear.  I use a shared routine to click on the reminder icon, ClickRemIcon.  The positions are particular to my screen set up.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.db1c84303474f2d92883b8d96d775041.png

ScreenClip.png.8a431cdb81187b751b3cff58effa1cdf.png

Hi Dave-from-Decatur -

Yes same dare/time controls in the Web client and the Windows v10.1.7 version.
The half hour setting isn't a problem for me personally - I'm just using the reminder to flag notes on specific days, the time isn't critical/

It puzzles me that the date/time controls for editing the Date Created in the Note Info window are different. There you can specify the time in minutes.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, AdmiralP said:

Hi CalS - 
Thanks for the suggestion re AutoHotKey - I may take a look at that and see if it's something I can use.

You are welcome.  FYI, I use AHK Studio as an editor.  AHK scripts are simple text.  Good luck if you give it a go.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, AdmiralP said:

Hi Dave-from-Decatur -

Yes same dare/time controls in the Web client and the Windows v10.1.7 version.
The half hour setting isn't a problem for me personally - I'm just using the reminder to flag notes on specific days, the time isn't critical/

It puzzles me that the date/time controls for editing the Date Created in the Note Info window are different. There you can specify the time in minutes.

Thanks for the info. The date/time control for reminders is just puzzlingly crude, looks like something out of the 80s. :wacko:

Just wanting to flag this suggestion again -

would d be good to have a shortcut to open the Reminder dialog window rather than having to navigate to the bottom of the mote, etc.
And a means of easily navigating through the calendar (using arrow keys?) would be efficient as welll