Why is the title bar white in dark mode?

Wolfbeta

Idea

4 replies to this idea

Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem.

I have "Title bars and window borders" unchecked for the specific reason that I do not want any window borders on any apps. I shouldn't have to modify the aesthetic of every other app on my system to fix this.

• Like 1

No other Windows 10 app with Dark Mode support on my PC uses large blocks of White.  Because that's just painful!  The only apps I have that display a white title bar when not selected are legacy apps without Dark Mode support.  So while Dark Mode support is _extremely_ welcome - and I really can't overstate that - it just needs this final little tweak.  Apps that support dark mode and don't have white title bars - Outlook, Office, Chrome, Firefox, Slack, OneNote, Youtube Music, Windows terminal, powershell, commmand prompt....

image.thumb.png.70bf031ecbc987162ae935c65cd44690.png

image.thumb.png.3063c4e26ab560d6f7b44ed32928b7a5.png

image.thumb.png.662f6e7c7af1bab3808858a9325d397c.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I think it's part of Windows that if you deselect the item, the default is white.

How to Turn On or Off Show Accent Color on Title Bars and Borders in Windows 10
When you change the accent color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen accents, and Action Center accents by default.
If you turn on show accent color on title bars and window borders, your selected accent color will show on the title bar and borders of the active window. The tile bars and borders of inactive windows will be a faded version of your accent color.
If you turn off show accent color on title bars and window borders, all title bars and window borders will only show with the default white color instead of your selected accent color.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing the accent color on title bars and window borders without affecting the color on Start, taskbar, and action center for your account in Windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/32174-turn-off-show-color-title-bars-borders-windows-10-a.html

It's not something that Evernote seems likely to be able to fix,  but you posted in the v10 forums,  so the devs will see this and add it to the reports they have received.