Search shortcut is not working in W10

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

• Solution
13 minutes ago, simonvlc said:

Hi there,

Is it me or the search shortcut, ALT+CTRL+F does not work with the new version Evernote in Windows? Is there any way of re-mapping it?

Thanks in advance!

You need to have the focus on a note in the note list ie not be editing a note. There was an earlier bug that prevented the shortcut working when the sidebar was collapsed but that has been resolved. 

• Like 1

Thx Mike, 

May I suggest making this work within a note? As a note taking software, most of the time I'm on a note when I want to trigger the search to look for another one, without having to change focus.

Not sure if it helps too much with the current implementation, but maybe it's just my opinion. Thx anyway Mike! 

30 minutes ago, simonvlc said:

May I suggest making this work within a note?

There is a general issue with key board shortcuts being very context specific. If you look at the official documentation (which is incomplete, contains lots of errors and some shortcuts which simply do not work) https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807 this is made clear. It's also strange, for example, that while you are editing a note you cannot use the tag menu alt-ctrl-T to add tags even though the option is there in the menu. Hopefully this is all on somebody's radar and will get sorted eventually.